While the main building itself does not provide attractiveness, the modules that attach to it gives the player an opportunity to display an Animal per module, up to 100 modules. Each module costs 100 credits and 10 influence. The amount of additional attractiveness a module gives is determined by the rarity of the animal placed within it:
Notes about the Zoo, its modules, and Animals:
- Certain animals are parts of a set; each set of animals gives an island-wide benefit, i.e completing the Domestic Animals Set gives +5% production and -10% maintenance cost to any Animal Farm within the island that the zoo is placed.
- Multiples of the same animal can be placed in individual modules, as long as you have more than one count of that animal in your island's inventory, e.g Having 3 Goats means you can place all 3 of them in the zoo, 1 per module.
- The majority of Animals are only obtainable by doing Zoological Expeditions, or by passing random Events in any expedition. However some animals can be bought from Madame Kahina, or be gifted to the player by Bente Jorgensen.
- At least one tile of the module has to be adjacent to the main building or to another module.
- There is no limit to the amount of zoos which can be built on the same island. Items may be split in order to exploit smaller areas or take advantage of different bonuses from Sheet Music, as only one Music Pavilion can be attached to the main building. The downside of having more zoos is higher maintenance cost and total space used.