The Passage is the fourth Anno 1800 DLC and was released on December 10th, 2019. It is the third DLC of the Season 1 Pass. It adds:
- A new polar region: The Arctic which contains snowy islands and massive glaciers, all stuck in a frozen winter wonderland.
- Two new population tiers. Explorers and Technicians.
- The need for Heating requires Arctic Settlements to be designed in a whole new way.
- A whole new way to transport cargo. Take to the skies with Airships.
- A Gas Power Plant with a bigger range and easier fuel transportation than Oil Power Plants.
- A new storyline to follow, which fleshes out the world and brings its own rewards.
Dare you face the challenges of the Arctic? Venture to the edge of the world; conquer the most hostile of environments with a brand new heating system; build monumental hangars to claim the sky with your very own airships; and assist Lady Jane Faithful in her quest to find her Husband, Sir John, and his lost expedition to the Northwest Passage...
- New Region - Conquer the Arctic's extreme conditions with new residents and production chains
- New Story - Look for the Lost Expedition alongside new and familiar characters, like Lady Faithful, Old Nate, and the Inuit shaman Qumaq.
- Airships - Construct your own airships and be the first to rise above your competitors!
- Gas-Fired Power Plant - Light up your metropolis with a much more efficient gas-fired power plant that doesn't require a railway connection!