This page lists all changes introduced to the game with patches after the game was released. The list is in chronological order (the newest changes at the top).
- 1 February 23, 2021 - Game Update 10
- 2 February 9, 2021 - Game Update 9.3
- 3 December 1, 2020 - Game Update 9.2
- 4 November 12, 2020 - Game Update 9.1
- 5 October 22, 2020 - Game Update 9
- 6 August 11, 2020 - Game Update 8.2
- 7 June 17, 2020 - Game Update 8.1
- 8 June 2, 2020 - Game Update 8
- 9 May 8, 2020 - Game Update 7.3
- 10 April 17, 2020 - Game Update 7.2
- 11 April 3, 2020 - Game Update 7.1
- 12 March 24, 2020 - Game Update 7
- 13 January 23, 2020 - Game Update 6.2
- 14 December 17, 2019 - Game Update 6.1
- 15 December 10, 2019 - Game Update 6
- 16 October 17, 2019 - Game Update 5.3
- 17 September 19, 2019 - Game Update 5.2
- 18 September 13, 2019 - Game Update 5.1
- 19 September 10, 2019 - Game Update 5
- 20 August 6, 2019 - Game Update 4.2
- 21 July 31, 2019 - Game Update 4.1
- 22 July 30, 2019 - Game Update 4
- 23 July 8, 2019 - Game Update 3.2
- 24 June 7, 2019 - Game Update 3.1
- 25 June 5, 2019 - Game Update 3
- 26 May 15, 2019 - Game Update 2
- 27 April 25, 2019 - Game Update 1
February 23, 2021 - Game Update 10
Source: Anno Union
- Open water buildings and Quay Street - You can now build harbour buildings in open water. To connect them with the land and with each other if needed, we introduced a new quay street. Simply drag a regular street out on the water and it’ll automatically turn into a quay street.
- Trading Routes Grouping - Trade routes from now on can be grouped, improving overview and navigation.
- Comfortable Hedge placement - The new placement system helps to place ornaments like hedges in a more comfortable way.
- Send to Island: Arrival Message - You will now receive a message when the ship(s) you sent to an island are arriving at their final destination.
- Fill up all route slot - By using a new shortcut, it is now possible to quickly fill up all slots of a new trade route with the same good.
- Event Messages: Jump To button - A “Jump To” button was added to the notification of a finished event like the World Fair or a research project.
- Ship Navigation: Display buoy - Each checkpoint of a ship’s route is now marked with a buoy in the water.
- Bonus Good Display - In the infotip the precise cycle-times (e.g. every third turn) for bonus goods is now shown.
- Advanced Piers – Goods in Statistics - The defined “good” of an advanced pier is now also displayed in the list of the Statistic Menu.
- Cosmetic DLCs Attractivity - Added a regular attractivity value to all objects of Cosmetic DLCs.
- Increased the input storage of Teff Mills in Enbesa
- Budgets for NPC traders were adjusted according to the player’s progress level (up to 100.000 in late game)
- Balanced buy and sell prices for the items “Polyglot Scholar Rahim”, “Vicente’s Informant” and “Dockyard Tool System” to be more in line with the prices of other items of the same rarity
- Balanced diplomacy relationships with certain 2nd and 3rd party NPCs to remove a potential exploit for buffing relationships.
- Fixed zero buy/sell price for “Ketema’s Cousin” item
- Adjusted ships’ loading/unloading behaviour: ships will now wait with the loading of goods until all unloading actions are processed
- Adjusted clicking area close to the construction bar
- Improved UI to highlight newly acquired items
- Improved Statistic Menu by displaying goods in the graph that are produced in any way, even if the region doesn’t fit
- Improved readability of the item infotips in the Statistic Menu
- Various improvements were made for the repair rate and loading speed UI
- Campaign newspaper and special edition newspaper will now be shown on top of any menu instead of closing them
- Adjusted drop zones for trading menus
- Added random rotation and variation when placing multiple Scholar residences
- Adjusted the object menus of fences to show the cycling feature
- Adjusted texts for infotips while using drag and drop feature for items
- Polished top bar user interface
- Polished Drag and Drop feedbacks for items in Traders object menu
- Polished the texts for Items affecting expeditions
- Polished slight misalignment for “Undo / Reset” buttons in expedition preparation screen
- Adjusted positioning of “Demolitions expert” units to the harbour basement
- Improved expeditions UI: “Jump to” button of “Launch the Expedition” quests now leads to the relevant expedition in the expedition screen
- Adjusted positioning of morale infotip in expedition meta menus
- Improved the UI to show the amount of farm modules with the tractor already in blueprint mode
Bug Fixes: General
- Addressed performance issues appearing for some players since Game Update 9.3
- Fixed several behaviour issues like wrong sound effects with drop zones in all item menus
- Fixed incomplete search list of items for specific buildings
- Fixed the issue with the “Discard cargo” option when the slots are not full for all ships
- Fixed the issue with misleading celebration when the Expansion bonus is not gained after conquering the island
- Fixed the issue when “Captain of Industry” Influence effect was not applied to the Spectacle Factory
- Fixed the issue with filtering goods in the Advanced Pier if the items tab is opened in the Trading Post
- Fixed the issue with the Advanced Piers accepting ships which don’t trade selected good
- Fixed the issue when items on ships could not be swapped by drag and drop
- Fixed an issue where the infotips in the Statistic Menu were not showing prices and expedition bonuses
- Fixed missing infotips for health, capacity and damage in the Trading Post while the item tab is open
- Fixed the issue where some Club Rewards were missing
- Fixed the issue with missing Club Rewards in the New World
- Fixed the issue with showing buttons for Wait For Goods, Unload and Discard Cargo as deactivated in the Trade Routes Menu
- Fixed the issue with the ships gathering in one spot after war is declared before continuing trade again
- Fixed the issue with “Game saved” notification showing an unnecessary “Click to jump to location” infotip
- Fixed the issue with the highlighted “Jump-to” overlay when a new notification is added to the list
- Fixed the issue with greyed out notifications when changing session
- Fixed low contrast for “All population Tiers” button in Marketplace Menu
- Fixed the incorrect infotip showing unlock condition when copying bridges
- Fixed the issue when multiple menus could be opened at the same time
- Fixed the issue when charter ship could be commanded to “Patrol” or “Move to another region” after cancelling that ship’s charter route in a specific way
- Fixed misleading infotip showing “Construct building and modules” for single module upgrade button
- Fixed the issue with the lamps of the “Tribute to the Diving Bell” and “Straight Promenade” ornaments not illuminating their surroundings at night
- Fixed missing infotip for “undo / reset” button in expedition preparation screen and in direct trade window
- Fixed the issue with a “blind spot” in ship inventory that prevented cursor from interacting with an item in the trade window
- Fixed the issue when street could not be constructed in specific places on the Ditchwater campaign island
- Fixed the issue where hovering the mouse cursor below the “Items” window border will display infotips for not visible items
- Fixed locked default skins for Clipper and Cargo Ship if the ship construction requirements are not met
- Fixed the issue where the defeat screen could be skipped by pressing a keyboard shortcut for some meta-menus
- Fixed the issue where the item reward name was not adapted to the character notification if there are four reward images
- Fixed the issue where it was possible to drag and drop items and goods into 2nd party ships of the session
- Fixed missing splash damage area indicator for common mortar item
- Fixed the issue with the trade button overlapping the goods list in Sir Archibald’s object menu
- Fixed the issue for the New World when woodcutter was shown disabled even if it could be built
- Fixed the issue when not applied item effects on buildings were visible in the income tab of statistic menu
- Fixed the issue with pier worker feedback units walking in masses into the small newsstand and closed the Black Hole with secret space magic.
- Fixed the issue when the visual part of an island deposit’s buttons were not displayed for all deposits if island has 5 or more ores in it
- Fixed the issue when not all goods were displayed in the trade route preview if all slots of the Great Eastern were used
- Fixed the issue with the second page of the Botanical Garden showing unavailable items
- Fixed the issue where the whole Palace was moved when copying a few of its modules
- Fixed the issue where Scholars islands had no incidents. Especially with all that partying…
- Fixed the issue where Fuel Stations in Enbesa destroyed canals in front of their exits when built
- Fixed an audio issue where Sir Achibald’s voice played instead of Emperor Ketema’s in the quest “Taborime Dreams”
- Fixed a flickering workforce warning sign during the workforce decrease both in the Research institute’s object and meta menus
- Fixed the issue with disappearing water from the Clearwater Pool with increased camera distance
Bug Fixes: Graphics and User Interface
- Fixed the issue with the filter in the Research Institute when opened from the Statistics Menu
- Fixed the issue with the “Donate to Science” shortcut button for German language
- Added sources for “Poster of the Leader” in the item overview
- Fixed formatting and icon for Repair Crane object menu
- Fixed the issue with the text of the Taborime Harbormaster’s Register being longer than the asset itself for some languages
- Fixed an issue with the translations of the “Scholars” tab in the building menu
Bug Fixes: Multiplayer
- Fixed a formatting error in multiplayer lobbies for German language
- Fixed an issue where an empty expedition menu appeared after opening an unlocked region for co-op players in multiplayer mode
- Fixed an issue where different portraits were being displayed for a co-op savegame as loading profile and in the diplomacy menus when the host’s portrait is not unlocked on the other player’s account
- Fixed the issue where the player who is NOT first to settle Enbesa, will receive Ketema’s explanation about shepherds/elders only, when the first player to settle Enbesa meets the conditions
- Fixed the issue where players could delete blueprint buildings of a competitor
- Fixed an issue where the warning “You cannot affect your diplomatic relationship” was overlapped by diplomatic action buttons in the diplomacy meta menu for a second party of the same team
- Fixed the issue where the co-op player profile box was shifted for the “invitation in pending” status if the re-invited player had a long nickname
- Fixed multiplayer issue where the AI sent “Silo Built” appreciation messages to all players instead of only the player that built them
- Fixed the issue in the multiplayer lobby where “Construction cost refunds” were mentioned three times in the settings overview
Bug Fixes: Quests
- Added more items for completing the “Capital of Culture” quest (Sunken Treasures)
- Fixed the issue where players could not unlock the Airship Hangar if the “The Passage” storyline was cancelled
- Fixed an incorrect objective text for the “A Prince in Progress” quest
- Adjusted the questline for unlocking and building the Research Institute so NPC communication and being able to build the Institute are more in line
- Fixed inconsistent text for the quest “Angereb: A Traitor’s Choice”
- Fixed the story blocker that happened after destroying the Harbour before picking Sir John`s Logbook
- Fixed the issue where the Artisan’s quest “Sound of Music” could be triggered when the Church was not constructed yet
Bug Fixes: Localization and Text
- Fixed translation of the “Gods of the Delta” description for Traditional and Simplified Chinese languages
- Added localization for the “Diving Spot Discovered” message for the “Sunken Treasures” DLC
- Added German translation for the description of the “Accept all visitors” option
- Fixed the issue where tips about Angereb and Waha Desher on the loading screen were shown only in English
- Fixed missing translation for all languages except English for “Amusement Park Ornament” in the infotip and object menu
- Fixed missing translation for all languages except English for “City Lights Ornament” in the infotip and object menu
- Fixed missing translation for all languages except English for “Christmas Ornament” in the infotip and object menu
- Polished Russian and Polish translations for World’s Fair: Infrastructure construction phase
- Added translation for “Affects Trade Unions” line in the infotip of the “Gods of the delta” museum set for all languages now
- Added translations for the text of shepherd’s speech in the Accept/Decline notification of the quest “Confessional – Recompense”
- Fixed confusing text for the reward notification for the quest “The Great Exhibition”
- Fixed various typos and adjusted texts for the “Land of Lions” DLC
- Fixed inconsistent names of the “City Lights” Cosmetic DLC shown in both Ubisoft Connect and the game
- Fixed names of the “Market Stall” and “Outdoor Table” ornaments
- Fixed text issue for Princess Qing in the Diplomacy Screen
- Fixed the typo for “Fish” in the Zoo Menu
- Fixed missing spaces between sentences in the “Finding Sarmento” event of the “Finding Isabel Sarmento” campaign expedition
February 9, 2021 - Game Update 9.3
Source: Anno Union
- Ornaments from the Cosmetic DLCs and “Bright Harvest” are now also available in the New World
- Added a new category for Twitch Drop ornaments in the construction menu
- Reduced the number of notifications from Investors when opening the World’s Fair monument screen and for Scholars when opening the Research Center menu
Bug Fixes: General
- Ubisoft Connect Reward ornaments are now available in-game again
- Fixed an issue with reduced performance when building multiple buildings or ornaments
- Fixed an issue where ships could gather around Angereb’s island during a voluntary quest in Enbesa
- Fixed an issue where a black screen could appear after closing the Research Center menu
- Fixed an issue where the last Scholar need was never unlocked if only Scholars were settled on the island – where’s the fun without music?
- Fixed an issue where needs could get locked on an island if the population that used that need became 0
Bug Fixes: Quests
- The quest “The Wisdom Therein”, which grants access to the library of Kidusi Anitoni, will now be removed from the quest book if the player already gained access
- Fixed the broken quest “Family Matters 2” from Beryl O’Mara (does not apply retroactively when the ship has already spawned)
- Added the correct voiceline for Archibald’s notification during the quest “Angereb: Chasing Blood”
Bug Fixes: Localizations & text
- The item “Calla Lily, of the Desert Bloom” has now its correct name again
December 1, 2020 - Game Update 9.2
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed an issue with invisible exhibition rewards in the monument screen during multiplayer
- Fixed several desync issues that appeared when loading multiplayer save games
- Fixed wrong triggering of Exhibition music in the event screen for the World’s Fair Monument
- Improved handling of corrupted files to prevent crashes when starting the game
- Fixed some links in the “Additional Content” screen so that they’re now again leading to the correct Ubisoft Connect shop pages
- Fixed an exploit related to pollution reduction items and deleting pollution sources which could drastically increase happiness
- Fixed a Drag and Drop issue for slots that were occupied before entering the expedition menu
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where one player could pause competitor’s production buildings by using certain keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed a progression blocker during the Land of Lions main storyline, where selecting certain answers during the quest “Fascinating North – Quizzed” could lead to the storyline not continuing
- Fixed an issue with quest giver ships not leaving the session during the quest “Implications”
- It’s now a lot easier to select Ketema during the quest “The Goatberg Variations”
- The set “Taigawald” is now working for Seafood Stew
- Changed the incorrect name “City Life Enhancement” to the correct name “City Lights Pack” in the construction bar
- Added localization to the “City Lights Pack” ornaments and construction bar
November 12, 2020 - Game Update 9.1
Source: Anno Union
- Game Update 9.1 adds compatibility for the new “City Lights Pack” Cosmetic DLC, which adds 20 new urban ornaments and freely placeable, working street lanterns to the game.
Bug Fixes: General
- Fixed a progression blocker in the “A Holy Pilgrimage” expedition event.
- Fixed a progression blocker in the “Streetcar named Olispo” expedition event.
- Fixed an issue with Dried meat not being recognized as a viable ration for expeditions.
- Fixed an issue that could spawn a non-interactable Arctic map during the “Solace at Palm-Girt Wells” expedition event, preventing further progress in the expedition.
- Fixed an issue with some hardcoded region names.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally stop keyboard inputs being recognized.
Bug Fixes: Graphics and User Interface
- Fixed display issues in the Share Overview and World Fair screens for players on widescreen monitors.
- Fixed a display issue in the travel logs of the “Land of Lions” expedition.
- Fixed a potential display issue with a grey square being shown when selecting several islands in the Statistics Overview menu.
- Removed unavailable Water Pump entries when scrolling down in the River Slot object menu.
- Fixed a display issue with misaligned object menus for Clay Pits and Oil Springs in certain languages.
- Fixed an UI issue in decisions screens where locked answers sometimes did not appear greyed out.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the Old World’s Marketplace icon being used in Enbesa.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the rewards icon becoming invisible if opening the World Fair’s Exhibition screen for a second time.
- Increased the readability and visibility of some text in the “Tomb Raiders” expedition event.
- Fixed a potential issue with flickering in the Waha Desher ruins.
- Adjusted text display in the Museum menu, so the name “Heirlooms of the Gold-Realm” should now be properly shown.
Bug Fixes: Items
- Fixed an issue with the “Gods of the Delta” set effect erroneously reducing influence points.
- Fixed an issue with the “Gods of the Delta” set effect not being applied to Trade Unions in the New World.
Bug Fixes: Quests
- Fixed a progression blocker during the quest “A Promise Kept”.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some quests in Hugo Mercier’s main line being triggered for players.
- Fixed an issue that stopped the quest “Mermaid’s Purses” from being completed.
- Fixed a display issue with the water pump during the quest “Waha Desher: Let the Waters flow”
- Fixed an issue with the reward effect from the “Help the Meek” quest. It should now properly reduce the Shepherds consumption.
- Fixed an issue with the quest “Artnarchists” not giving players the required “Poster of the Leader” item.
- The quest “Angereb: The Wisdom Therein” will no longer trigger if the player previously got access to the library as part of the Kidusi Anitoni quest line.
- Fixed an issue in the quests “Waha Desher: Ensuring Safety” and “Angereb: Seherut Ships of Salt”, which could prevent players from selling previously built Frigates for their duration.
- Fixed a non-interactable quest marker on the minimap in Taborime.
Bug Fixes: Localization and texts
- Fixed an issue with the storage tab of the statistics overview showing the English word “island” in all localizations.
- Fixed the text for “The Epic of Lions – Chronicles of Enbesa”.
- Fixed a misleading description for the “Fascinating North” quest.
- Fixed an issue that could prematurely end the “Kidusi Anitoni: A Leader’s Burden” quest if pressing a decision button.
- Fixed a text display issue in the description of the “Journey to the Frontier: Race at the Great Arch” quest.
- Fixed an issue with the “Map of Sunken City” being displayed in English in all localizations.
- Fixed an issue with some of Old Nate’s voice lines in the English, French and German localizations.
- Added the missing translations for the item “Dubious Treasure Map”.
- Added some missing text for the “Kidusi Anitoni: Codebreaker Extraordinaire: Part 3” quest in certain languages.
- Added missing text in several localizations for several treasure map quests.
- Added missing text for the “Kidusi Anitoni Port Registry” quest item in several localizations.
- Fixed an issue with text being too long in the description of the “Taborime Harbormaster Registry” quest item in some localizations.
- Added some missing text for the “Kidusi Anitoni: A Labyrinthine Undertaking” quest in certain languages.
- Fixed an issue with the quest title for “Map of an Abyssal Zone” being displayed in English for all localizations.
- Fixed a translation error with the Fertility UI in the Spanish localization.
- Fixed a text issue in the quest “Kidusi Anitoni: Codebreaker Extraordinaire: Part 3” in the Japanese localization.
- Fixed issues with the text in some of the Enbesan treasure quests in a variety of localizations.
- Fixed a text issue with the decision buttons in the “Smoke on the Water” expedition event screen in the Korean and Russian localizations.
- Fixed a text issue in the Large Oil Harbor’s object menu in the Simplified and Traditional Chinese localizations.
- Fixed a text display issue with the ancient script in the “Kidusi Anitoni: Codebreaker Extraordinaire: Part 3” quest in the Japanese localization.
- Renamed one quest in the German localization.
October 22, 2020 - Game Update 9
Source: Anno Union
- Game Update 9 adds support for our third Season 2 DLC, “Land of Lions”, for all Season 2 Pass owners. “Land of Lions” will also be available as a stand-alone purchase from October 22 onwards.
- Welcome to Game Update 9 for Anno 1800. For this GU, we chose not to focus on a single major feature (as with some previous ones like the Statistics Overview), and instead wanted to improve your overall quality-of-life in Anno 1800 by giving you more control and better information in various aspects of managing your industrial empire. Go forth and keep building!
- It is now possible to select a destination island when sending ships to another discovered session.
- All five construction good slots in the top menu bar can now be customized to show any good you want. This selection is per island, allowing you to focus on the most important goods for each one.
- It is now possible to select several islands in the Statistics Overview at the same time.
- Special visitors are now accepted or declined directly from the notification about their arrival, instead of going to the Public Mooring. You can also change the game options to automatically accept all future special visitors. The first time you load a save after the release of GU9, all currently outstanding visitors will be accepted to clear your backlog.
- Added an option allowing you to automatically save the last edited newspaper for repeat publishing until deselected again.
- Refined the item pools of some third-party traders. Eli Bleakworth now only sells specialist items and Archibald Blake is the only trader selling edicts.
- Edge scrolling can now be activated in the settings menu.
- Your available items can now also be searched from the object menu of any Trade Union, Town Hall, Harbormaster’s Office, and Arctic Lodge (from “The Passage” DLC).
- Added functionality to toggle through ships and buildings using the “TAB” key. If a building is selected, the shortcut can be used to cycle to the next building of the same type, with the camera jumping to its location. If no building is selected, using the shortcut will instead jump to the first entry in the ship list, allowing you to cycle through all ships in your fleet. This functionality will always stay in your current session.
- You can now jump directly to any ship in the game world from its entry in the trade route menu.
- Added functionality to toggle through ruined buildings. Pressing the “J” key will jump to the next ruined building, regardless of your current session. Additionally, there is a new notification, which indicates that there are player-owned ruined buildings. This notification can also be used to jump to all ruined buildings and will vanish once there are no more ruined buildings.
Not mentioned in patch notes on AU:
- World's Fair - you will now be able to select the reward box you receive from among all unlocked reward tiers (for example, if you unlocked tier four, then you can pick between the first, second, third and fourth box).
- All AI traders now offer 12 items from their harbors simultaneously.
- Increased the time between newspapers being published in the late stages of the game.
- Percental buffs now impact ships’ current hit points by adding or removing a percentage of their current HP, rather than their maximum HP.
- Adjusted the item “Kaputaq Awl” from “The Passage” DLC to “-40% workforce needed” instead of “-25% workforce needed”.
- Increased the internal input and output storage of Cigar Factories to handle bigger boosts to their productivity.
- Set effects with the “Harbour Activity” buff will now also affect piers instead of only trading harbours. The same is true for some items with a “Harbour Activity” buff.
- Updated the farm field placement rules for animal farms. A module now needs to have at least half it tiles inside the radius to be buildable.
- Added the “Map of the Oceanic Trench” item to Old Nate’s trading pool.
- Moving modules no longer costs money when playing with relocation costs setting enabled.
- The game now warns on first start up if an update has added a new shortcut and the default key is already assigned to another functionality in your settings.
- The notification for a ship arriving in a session now includes the type and name of the ship as well as an icon of the session.
- Ships in the route creation menu will now show any loaded goods and equipped items in their infotip. They also show which session they are currently in.
- It is now possible to directly unload goods from a ship to your nearby Trading Posts. By holding the “CTRL” key and clicking on the loaded good, the ship will unload this entire slot to harbour storage.
- Trade routes will now show if a ship that was assigned to the route was destroyed, allowing you to quickly replace it with a new ship.
- The notification when a ship is destroyed now mentions its name, type and shows an icon for the session it was in. If the ship was currently assigned to a trade route, that information is also included.
- Added a new filter option to the goods selection in the trade route creation menu. It is now possible to filter the goods via their associated region.
- On this note, we also updated the associated regions of goods. This allows for better filtering in certain storage UIs.
- Closing the newspaper editing screen without publishing the newspaper will now reset the player made changes.
- Removed the audio for some frequently used side notifications to avoid audio spamming.
- Added some new artworks to the loading screen rotation for increased variety.
- Added the functionality to search for items which provide electricity.
- Added a transition to the UI when switching between entries in the quest book.
- Added a button to the ship list which opens the finance statistic screen displaying all ships.
- Info layer animation has proper vanishing and spawn animations.
Bug Fixes: General
- Fixed an issue where the achievement “DLC: Fuel Efficiency” would not unlock correctly when the fuel was produced on multiple islands.
- Improved the detection of corrupted save files. This fixes a crash on start because corrupted save files will no longer be loaded on game start.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases no money was paid after buying goods via trade routes.
- Fixed an issue where unconnected warehouses would still deliver goods to the island storage.
- Fixed an audio issue where the rollercoaster audio was used for other ornaments of the “Amusements Pack” Cosmetic DLC.
- Fixed an issue where gifted ships with construction materials were not affected by influence buffs.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to reach the end game state without having investors.
- Fixed a crash when trying to quit the game via Alt+F4 on Windows 7 or 8.1.
- Fixed a rare issue where the camera would move to the edge of the map after entering the Ferris Wheel.
- Fixed an issue where the buy ship prompt would appear multiple times when changing build mode while having a ship selected.
- Fixed a sound issue when entering the world map.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to buy more stock at a trader than the ship had available storage for.
- Fixed an issue with the movement of escorting ships.
- Fixed an issue where ships would travel through the whole map after entering a new session.
- Fixed an issue with airships triggering sea mines.
- Fixed an issue where using the Reset button in the options menu would not revert all settings.
- Fixed an issue that allowed to set zero valued goods for loading or unloading on trade routes.
- Fixed a game freeze for Windows 7 that could occur when closing the games with enabled cloud saves while being offline.
- Fixed a rare crash under Windows 8.1 while exiting the game.
- Fixed an issue where save games were still present after deleting them.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a cultural module would have displayed a selection around all other modules of the building.
- Fixed an issue where some ornaments had incorrect attractiveness values assigned.
- Fixed an issue where the upgrade info layer was wrongly shown if the main building could not be upgraded.
- Fixed an issue where the planting trees process was reset after a save/load action.
- Fixed an issue where the camera view remained bound to the mouse.
- Fixed an issue where blueprints for the Silos and Tractor could not be placed if the construction requirements were not met.
- Fixed an issue where camera movements hotkeys worked simultaneously with actions that had the same keys assigned.
- Fixed an issue where voice notifications triggered twice after an explosion incident.
- Fixed an issue where escort feedback ships could themselves also be escorted.
- Fixed an issue where ships that have different skins could not be group selected.
- Fixed an issue where the Pyrphorian fleet could get stuck if an unarmed ship would pass by.
- Fixed an issue where AI could set up multiple singular escorts when trying to group escort.
- Solved an issue where “Offer a trade” expedition event of the rescue mission contains “Open a map” button which leads to the empty Arctic map with empty ship inventory.
- Solved an issue where items with the “Peace Mode” effect also grants damage immunity against mines.
- Fixed an issue with 50 tons of Bread being stockpiled for no reason.
- Fixed an issue where fires, illnesses, and riots could break out during an ongoing festival.
- Fixed an issue where goods could get lost when using the “Discard Cargo” option on Airship trade routes in “The Passage” DLC.
- Resolved a rare issue where defeated AI opponents could not be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where users could only copy the fence of a farm field with the copy tool.
- Fixed an issue that forced Farm and Tractor module blueprints to be upgraded together after being multi-copied in the “Bright Harvest” DLC.
- Fixed an issue where ships could be overloaded with more than 50 tons per cargo slot.
- Fixed a rare issue where a stone railway bride could reduce the range of some adjacent buildings.
- Fixed a rare issue that allowed for the construction of two bridges in the same spot under very specific circumstances.
Bug Fixes: Graphics and User Interface
- Fixed an issue where the buff from the “Warmongery” propaganda would not be displayed in the ship UI when using “The Anarchist”.
- Fixed a graphical issue in the main campaign’s graveyard.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong icon was used for the “The Contract” expedition.
- Fixed an UI issue where some elements of the trade route creation screen were not displayed correctly when the trade route had too many stations.
- Fixed an UI issue where the text on additional content cards could be hard to read.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the closing of some on-screen text pop-ups.
- Fixed an issue with a trade route warning notification.
- Fixed an issue where changing the filter options in the Statistics Overview would also change the filter in the Expeditions and Trading Post storage menus.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in the world map when trying to enter a special camera mode during transition to said map.
- Fixed an issue where some elements of the minimap filters cold be hidden by other UI elements.
- Fixed an issue where only a white screen was displayed during loading instead of a picture.
- Fixed an issue where filtering for Cigar Factory would show duplicate entries in the item Statistics Overview.
- Added infotips to the skin options for ships.
- Added feedback units to the Public Mooring when a shutdown is in effect.
- Fixed an issue where the 3D character portraits would have the wrong facial expression after some time.
- Fixed an issue where no resolution options were available if a graphics adapter was chosen which had previously been disabled via AMD Radeon settings.
- If there was a first-person mode, it could now be used in some of the voluntary quests.
- Fixed an issue with the Expedition menu not opening when clicking some expedition notification elements.
- Fixed an issue with the Artisan tier icon not being aligned for second-party island’s top menu bar.
- Fixed an issue on the Finance Statistics Overview where ships with different skins were listed separately.
- Fixed an issue with some floating elements for the History Edition ornament.
- Fixed an issue where the Engineers’ needs filter was listed twice.
- Fixed an issue where the Arctic region harbor flags were not properly reacting to wind direction on the World Map.
- Fixed an issue where the Schooner UI was offset in the trade menu with another party.
- Fixed an issue where debug text was present when claiming shares after a military takeover.
- Feedback units should no longer clip through the walls of the World Fair.
- Fixed an issue with the marketplace object menu that caused it to remain stuck when quickly changing it.
- Fixed an issue where the World Map button selection would remain active after using it.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally the map would become black after exiting the Expeditions menu.
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Fuel Tank feedback units crossing a bridge.
- Fixed an issue for the Tractor object menu that caused the piston to remain stuck after being stopped and restarted.
- Fixed an issue with the Heater blueprint range visualization.
- Fixed an issue with the skin icon of the train getting grayed out when selected.
- Fixed an issue where trade columns in the statistics menu were occasionally switched.
- Fixed an issue where the message of “cannot unload good to due being full” would re-trigger when changing the good although the unloaded warehouse had room for it.
- Fixed an issue where having multiple ships escort the same one would cause them to visually merge, causing navigation issues.
- Fixed an UI issue where the electricity background in object menus could get off-set.
- Solved an issue in the Statistics Overview where a misleading message could be displayed when nothing was selected.
- Solved an issue where the ruins notification triggers even though the ruins were rebuilt during the incident.
- Fixed an issue with Jean La Fortune could disappear from the Diplomacy menu.
- Solved an issue where no feedback is given on the main trade page if a ship has occupied slots and cannot fulfill loading of all goods.
- Solved an issue where clicking a production building doesn’t trigger any message when no problem info layer is present. A proper character reaction should trigger now.
- Fixed an issue where Storage Warehouses/Trading post and Oil Harbour would not show upgrade arrows when using Upgrade Mode.
- Solved an UI issue where Buy/Sell icons from the first row of goods in the Harbor Building object menu would get cut-off when set for max values.
- Solved an issue where, when building an Outhouse ornamental building within 10 road tiles from a Small Trading Outpost, people started carrying logs, planks and crates from the Small Trading Post into the Outhouse. Imagine their reactions when realizing where they were…
- Solved an UI issue where the Public Mooring could present off-set elements in its object menu.
- Previously the Day & Night Cycle menu would occasionally appear at the top right edge of the screen when starting a new game or loading save file. This shouldn’t be the case anymore.
- Fixed an UI issue where part of the Salvager’s icon would be visible from under the “Dive” button.
- Fixed an issue in the Statistics Overview for the population group where no scroll bar would be present for the toggle buttons.
- Fixed an issue in the Trade Menu where the scroll bar would show up as very small when assigning several ships on a Trade Route.
- Solved an UI issue with the icons of cultural items in the Botanical Garden, Museum and Zoo appearing cropped at the top of their respective object menus.
- If there were issues with the camera occasionally jump up in a mysterious first person mode when walking under a footbridge ornamental building, they’d be fixed.
- Adjusted behavior of the notifications archive, as previously the filtered notifications would still count towards the maximum stored notifications. This led to some of the displayed stored notifications getting deleted because the archive’s limit was reached.
- Solved an issue where cutscene videos could trigger while the Influence menu was open.
- Fixed an issue for the Statistics Overview where clicking the “Visitor Arrived” jump-to button did not close the menu.
- Fixed an UI issue for the island overview. The infotip for the Harbor menu is fixed on the side now and no longer overlapping with the stored goods and items.
- Fixed an issue with the notifications system where military takeovers would trigger two notifications instead of only one.
Bug Fixes: Multiplayer
- Fixed a multiplayer desync caused by sea mines.
- Fixed an issue where a diplomatic notification would not be properly handled in co-op.
- Fixed an issue where no victory conditions were enabled for a two-player quick match.
- Fixed an issue with the tractor tutorial quest trigger in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where one multiplayer team could obtain the Great Eastern ship from another team.
- Fixed a multiplayer desync that could occur if one player shut down the Uplay client during the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Send Invite or Re-invite options were not being displayed in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the chat window would have reverted to default size after reopening it.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where notifications or warnings could appear twice.
- Fixed an issue with blueprint object menus in multiplayer games.
- Resolved a display issue with the selected voice chat mode in the options menu.
- Fixed an issue where the “The Tractor Test” quest would be displayed twice in the quest tracker in multiplayer.
Bug Fixes: Items
- Damage dealing items can no longer be equipped to civilian ships.
- Fixed an issue where oil extractor items worked only in the Old World session.
- Solved an issue where ships will get destroyed if removing an item that gives additional hitpoints while the ship is below the added threshold. Percentual buffs now impact ships’ current HP by adding or removing a percentage of the current HP, rather than the maximum HP.
- Solved an issue where a Clipper’s model could become corrupted after arriving in another region while having fewer health points than an equipped health-providing item adds.
- Fixed an issue with items sometimes not stacking correctly in the Warehouse menu.
Bug Fixes: Quests
- Fixed an issue where the flagship obtained during the campaign could not use military items.
- Fixed a rare issue with active quests only being displayed in the quest tracker and not in the quest book.
- Fixed an UI issue in the quest tracker for a campaign quest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a quest ship from spawning in the Von Malching questline.
- Fixed a rare issue where delivering goods for a quest would consume all goods on the ship.
- Fixed an issue with the jump-to functionality of the “Hibernation” quest.
- Fixed an issue where quests could spawn in wrong sessions.
- Fixed a potential issue with missing items in certain quests.
- Fixed an issue where not all harbour crates got deleted after the player took control of Bright Sands in the campaign.
- Fixed an issue with the quest “Future Hero” and the jump-to functionality.
- Fixed an issue where the hint bubble remained active during the “A Sample Silo” quest if the Silo and Pig Farm were removed.
- Fixed an issue with third-party buildings’ outlines in some photo quests.
- Fixed an issue with incorrectly spawning ships in the quest “You Shouldn’t have seen that”.
- Fixed an issue with the quest “Pleading the Belly” spawning without Eli Bleakworth being in the current game.
- Solved a rare issue with some quests being automatically completed right after accepting them.
- Adjusted spawn location for some resident quests to no longer appear in the middle of the ocean.
Bug Fixes: Localization and Texts
- The Technicians should no longer sometimes use placeholder audio in the German localization of “The Passage” DLC.
- Fixed a typo in the “Mission to the New World” quest description.
- Added missing Spanish translations for some Ubisoft Club Rewards.
- Fixed a text issue with some incident notifications.
- Fixed a text display issue in the production building UI while the camera was pointing on the sea.
- Keyboard shortcut options in the menu should now appear properly translated after switching languages.
- Fixed an issue where a text in the options menu was not translated.
- Fixed a missing translation for one of the Palace effects.
- Fixed a text issue with “Sell tickets for long voyages” in the Russian localization.
- Fixed an issue for the text “Click and drag” not being localized.
- Fixed an issue with the “Permit A38” expedition screen being shown in English for all localizations.
- Fixed an issue with the quest “The Tractor Test” being partially shown in English for all localizations.
- Fixed a display issue with the quest “Setting Sail” in the Russian localization.
- Added the missing localizations for the Pathway Ornaments in some localizations.
- Fixed a translation issue with the “Silent Threat” quest in the Russian localization.
- Fixed a typo in the Coral Island expedition event.
- Added missing translations for the Additional Content menu in the Chinese localization.
- Fixed an issue with the Fire Station tutorial text appearing cut off.
- Fixed an issue with a missing ship name in the quest “Capital of a Queendom” in the Russian localization.
- Fixed a display issue with the “Cultural Outreach Act” in the “Seat of Power” DLC’s Palace in several localizations.
August 11, 2020 - Game Update 8.2
Source: Anno Union
- Adding compatibility for the “Amusements Pack” cosmetic DLC
June 17, 2020 - Game Update 8.1
Source: Anno Union
- We have reverted the changes made to New World pricing with Game Update 8. These changes were part of some balancing experiments we did internally to bring the pricing of goods across different sessions more in line and were not intended to ship as part of Game Update 8 (though we added them to the release notes once we realized that they had slipped in). Given the community feedback to these changes, we have made the decision to revert the pricing adjustments completely. Please see the new (old) prices below:
|Trade good||Base price|
- We have given the productivity boost provided by silos and tractors a small buff. They will now provide additional output goods on every third production cycle.
- Overall performance has been improved and should now be in line with your performance prior to Game Update 8.
- Removed the chance of an explosion incident occurring at silo and tractor modules and lowered the explosion chance of the fuel station. Firework’s over boys!
- Fixed an issue that would cap the amount of goods a player could buy at a time at 50 tons.
- Fixed an issue with the screenshot functionality not working.
- Fixed an issue where the “Bright Harvest” tutorial quests were only triggering for the first player to unlock them in a Multiplayer game.
- Fixed an issue with buffed farms being unable to make full use of the increased productivity due to the output storage being full. They will now employ additional carts to deliver goods to a warehouse if needed.
- Fixed an issue where the fuel station took too long to deliver fuel to newly placed tractor modules.
- Fixed an issue with production info tips in the statistics menu showing duplicate information.
- Fixed a rendering issue that affected costal buildings when using DirectX 12 on an integrated GPU.
- Fixed an issue where the location for treasure maps was shown incorrectly the first time it was opened. Good news, Doctor- X now does mark the spot.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a zoo equipped with items did not properly update the island’s attractiveness.
- Fixed an issue with a missing icon for “The Elusive Fern Flower” botanical item.
- Fixed an issue with the train sound becoming too loud or bugged after changing the skin.
- Fixed an issue where the upgrade button of the Large Oil Harbor was shown to players not using the “Bright Harvest” DLC.
- Fixed an issue preventing cultural modules with items equipped from being moved in the New World.
- Fixed an issue with tutorial text bubbles remaining active and pointing to invalid positions.
- Fixed an issue with the expedition preparation screen appearing greyed out as if paused.
- Fixed an issue with reroll costs not being properly displayed in the trade window.
- Adjusted the refunded resources when destroying a fully upgraded warehouse to take the upgrades into account.
- Fixed an issue with the Palace’s fourth slot effect not working the first time an effect is selected.
- Fixed an issue with some farm types not playing the field construction animation when building a tractor module.
- Fixed an issue with items getting removed from additional slots when updating palace buffs. Attention: This issue can still occur once when updating from Game Update 7.3 to Game Update 8.1.
June 2, 2020 - Game Update 8
Source: Anno Union
- Game Update 8 adds support for our second Season 2 DLC, “Bright Harvest”, for all Season 2 Pass owners. “Bright Harvest” will also be available as a stand-alone purchase from June 2 onwards.
- Added an Item Overview system within the statistics screen. With this much requested feature, we are giving you an easy to use overview of all your current items, and where they currently are being used or stored. This includes extensive filtering options by their effect or what buildings they can be socketed into, as well as text search (which has also been added to the Trading Post and expedition preparation menu). Finally, you can also use the item overview to search for any missing items, and information on how to obtain them!
- Trading Posts and Warehouses are receiving an additional upgrade tier which gives them more loading ramps and storage space. Old World buildings can be upgraded to level four now (previously three), and their New World counterparts to level three (previously only two).
- Rumor has it that a long-missing ship is about to make its return, and that the Ubisoft Club Challenge for the Great Eastern is now obtainable…
- We have made some changes to speed up the setup of trade routes. You no longer need to press “Accept” after selecting a new good, and by default 50t will be loaded at once (you can manually decrease the number afterwards).
- Electricity poles are now optional and can be turned off in the game settings.
- We have added the functionality to change the “skin” (aka the textures) on ships and trains (in the Oil Harbor) via a button in their object menu. While the functionality is supported for all ships, only your Command Ship and the train currently have skins (from the Imperial Pack). Buyers of the “Bright Harvest” DLC can in addition unlock new skins for the Battlecruiser and Collier as new Ubisoft Club Rewards. Finally, please note that the new skin on the train will only show once it has been to the Oil Harbor. Wait- please don’t tell me you didn’t know that trains always get painted inside oil harbors?
- We have fixed an issue that could lead to the game’s soundtrack being repetitive, so enjoy a wider selection of songs during your industrial adventures.
- Changes to map generation: We have made some changes to the way maps are generated. As a result, all maps should now always have at least one of every available fertility, and the ratio between copper and zinc should also be improved. As a downside, this means that old map seed numbers are changing, so enjoy hunting for the god seeds anew!
- Changes to newspaper productivity buff: Going forward, the productivity buff provided by the newspaper will no longer multiply the buffs provided by other effects and will instead be added to them. This unification of the way buffs are calculated also means that info tips listing all the applied productivity buffs will be easier to understand.
- Marie-Antoine, Pattisier Royale: Removed a deprecated effect and replaced it with a +50% productivity buff.
- Chronometrist Chiara: Removed a deprecated effect with no replacement (since she already has two effects like other Epic specialists).
- Changes to the influence cost of airships: Airship influence cost has been reduced from five points to four, to bring it in line with other ships.
- Changes to trade prices of New World goods: The basic trade prices of all New World goods have been raised to bring them in line with prices of Old World goods. See the full list of base prices below, and keep in mind that these can vary depending on the character you trade with:
|Trade good||Base price|
- The multi-copy tool can now also be used to copy railway tracks.
- Improved animations in the “Additional Content” menu.
- Improved the behavior of the “Mortar” and “Torpedo” items, in line with other items.
- Improved behavior of escort ships on trade routes to appear smoother.
- Placing the Palace blueprint will no longer trigger its music, saving that for the construction of the actual building.
- Adjusted the frequency of the voice over played when a group of ships arrives in a session to not spam the user.
- Polished the art on the Steam Shipyard.
- Fixed a stability issue which could occur when changing any game setting that required restarting the game on Windows 7 and Window 8.1.
- Fixed an issue where two instances of the game could be running simultaneously.
- Policy effects from Local Departments will no longer multiply due to gaining or losing an influence level.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Trade Ship influence speed buff from being properly applied to Airships.
- Fixed an issue with the Shipyard showing insufficient workforce even when no ship was being built.
- “Active Sonar” items will now properly drop if a Salvager ship is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue with moving Trading Post menus while the player was scrolling through an AI’s offerings.
- Players will no longer be able to build Local Departments in the New World.
- Rapidly clicking on a treasure map item will no longer allow you to use it several times. Your mouse button will thank us for this one!
- Fixed a potential performance issue when using the upgrade tool under certain conditions.
- Fixed a potential diplomacy exploit where players could quickly farm reputation with certain other NPCs due to their reactions when pursuing an alliance with Bente Jorgensen.
- Fixed an issue with groups of ships breaking formation while on the world map and arriving separately in their destination session. Groups should now arrive in the new session together.
- Fixed an issue with AI characters potentially just using a single name for all their islands.
- Speaking of names: Crown Falls will no longer occasionally change its name to a random one in the “Sunken Treasures” DLC.
- The text in the custom difficulty screen during setup will no longer flicker, no matter how often you wildly click on it.
- Fixed an issue in the diplomacy menu where the possible diplomatic actions were wrong if you switch the point of view to an AI’s point of view.
- The +250 per set bonus will now be properly considered when calculating unlock conditions in the “Seat of Power” DLC.
- Pausing and unpausing the heaters in the Arctic will no longer mistakenly play Farmer voices. Stay in your lane, friends!
- The intro music for a character will no longer play when hovering over their island while still covered by the fog of war.
- Chartered ships will now automatically be repaired by an owned Repair Crane.
- Incoming voices will no longer be muted by minimizing the game.
Graphics and User Interface
- Fixed a graphical issue with disappearing turrets on Battlecruisers and Monitors after switching sessions.
- Players should now be able to properly pause trade routes via the menu even if they are not in the same session.
- The background art of the button for session switching will no longer disappear under DirectX 12.
- Fixed some smaller UI issues that could occur when offering trade or bribes during expeditions.
- Fixed a glitch with electricity poles that could occur when deleting the adjacent street.
- Fixed a minor display issue with the ornament object menu.
- Fixed a potential issue with the newspapers title not being displayed while editing.
- Fixed an issue with the ship object menu after making a decision during an expedition.
- Fixed an issue with the wind direction indicator appearing in postcard view of a ship.
- The New World Repair Crane’s lanterns will now save some oil by not constantly being on in bright day light.
- Fixed an issue where the support pillars of Stone Bridges could appear to be too short under certain circumstances.
- You can no longer leave a blank company name or delete it during game setup.
- UI elements in the object menu of a ruined building will no longer overlap.
- Airships will no longer be accidentally called modules in the influence overview menu.
- Adjusted the visibility of the sickness icon in object menus.
- The carpet on the Public Mooring will no longer float on the lowest graphics settings.
- Fixed an issue with the Quest Tracker, where having too many quests could result in the bottom one appearing cut off.
- The last row of the item preview in cultural buildings will no longer appear cut off.
- Fixed the info tip display of blocked segments in the Oil Harbor object menu.
- Made the icon of the coffee production chain consistent across different menus and scenarios.
- Fixed a graphical issues with emergency buildings not being properly highlighted while placing an administration building like a Town Hall or Trade Union nearby.
- Fixed a potential issue with an infinite loading screen after a readied player was kicked from the lobby and invited again.
- Chat notifications will no longer reappear after loading a save game.
- Fixed an issue where the newspaper screen for one player could appear empty if another had finished a photo quest.
- Fixed an issue that could cause voice chat to not be functional anymore until the player would manually switch voice channels.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the multiplayer lobby UI becoming transparent when loading a game.
- Fixed several issues with the chat window.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with the Mute button.
- Fixed an issue with the Palace object menu not appearing for the second player in a game.
- Fixed an issue with departed players still being shown as part of the game.
- Improved the consistency of the chat window info tip.
- Improved the behavior of the ping system, which could previously be confusing if the ping was audible despite being in a different session.
- Changed the name of the “Golden Potato Harvest” to “Golden Harvester from the Future” to better reflect its functionality.
- Fixed an issue with “Snow Gum” having the same icon as “Marshmallow”.
- Fixed an issue with the Bright Sands island randomly changings its name after beating the campaign.
- The Castaway in “Portrait of the Artist as an Old Man 1” can now be properly picked up.
- Improved the visibility of the wandering artisan groups in “Artisan Rum Quest”.
- Clarified the quest requirements of the tutorial quest “From Timber”.
- Improved feedback for no warehouse being in range during the “Excavation Site” quest.
Localization and Texts
- Fixed a minor UI issue with the volume slider in the Russian localization.
- Fixed the epilepsy warning screen during boot up in the Italian localization.
- Fixed an issue with overlapping text in the Mounted Gun’s object menu in the Russian localization.
- Fixed the information provided in the Japanese and Russian localizations for the “Estate Collection Act” from the “Seat of Power” DLC.
May 8, 2020 - Game Update 7.3
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed several potential game crashes.
- Fixed several issues that could cause Desync errors in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the game not starting (or crashing immediately after starting) if started in offline mode, or without an internet connection present.
- Fixed some UI issues that could appear in DirectX 12 mode.
- Fixed an issue with carts deleting their loaded goods if they were unable to unload them at their destination building.
- Solved an issue where hovering the mouse over tiles such as ornaments or farm fields could cause its position to appear offset, making it harder to use.
April 17, 2020 - Game Update 7.2
Source: Anno Union
- Further improved game stability by fixing several potential crashes and desyncs.
- Improved reporting on desync errors.
April 3, 2020 - Game Update 7.1
Source: Anno Union
- An issue with disappearing infotips while the right-click menu was pinned has been fixed.
- An issue that could cause ships to remain stuck in transition mode after entering a session while new DLC was being activated has been fixed.
- Fixed a multiplayer desync caused by selecting a blueprint building while owning a Palace.
- Fixed an issue with certain menu windows (such as transfers, options etc.) preventing players from scrolling all the way to the bottom.
- Fixed an issue where policies slotted in the Palace could be reset when reaching a new optimization level in the influence system.
- Fixed an UI issue where Old Nate’s transmutation system could break if the menu was closed while the crafting animation was playing.
- An issue that could cause the trade routes menu to get stuck when rapidly clicking the X button to close the menu while setting up a new trade or oil route has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue in the statistics menu where some buildings could be displayed twice if buffed with an additional similar output.
- Fixed a display issue issue where the difficulty level of expeditions could be shown incorrectly if the menu to assign a ship to an expedition was opened and closed again.
- Fixed some additional randomly occurring crashes.
March 24, 2020 - Game Update 7
Source: Anno Union
- Game Update 7 adds support for our first Season 2 DLC, “Seat of Power”, for all Season 2 Pass owners. “Seat of Power” will also be available as a stand-alone purchase from March 24 onwards.
- Added three exclusive ornaments – the “Palatial Column”, “Ploughman’s Glory” and “Elephountain” – for owners of the Anno 1800 Season 2 Pass to the game.
- We are introducing three separate difficulty levels for the influence system, which dictate how much influence can be earned. Easy has you earning more, medium remains the same and hard less influence. This can be selected during game creation, or when loading an existing save game for the first time. Please note that this selection is permanent and cannot be changed after.
- Improved the multi-copy feature so that streets can now also be copied in the same manner as buildings.
- Introduced the ability to block needs supply in the Marketplace object menu.
- Specialists related to the diving bell system from “Sunken Treasures” have been removed from most item pools, such as Eli Bleakworth’s and the Visitor’s pool, and are now exclusive to Old Nate’s sold item pool and quests. Additionally, we adjusted the chances to receive the Legendary Diving Bell Specialists to fit this new distribution.
- Improved the main menu to give you a better and clearer overview of available and owned DLCs.
- Improved the visualization of street connection when placing blueprint buildings next to streets. Now, a blue overlay will be visible over affected areas.
- Various performance improvements to the overall gameplay experience have been made.
- The statistics menu has been improved to also take bonus production due to buffs into account.
- Cabinet of Curiosities Pamphlet - Attractiveness reduced from +10 to +7
- Piano Concerto Billboard - Attractiveness reduced from +10 to +7
- Boys’ Choir Flyer - Attractiveness reduced from +10 to +7
- Art and Craft Festival Poster - Attractiveness reduced from +10 to +7
- La Condesa Del Amor’s Majestic Dance Billboard - Attractiveness reduced from +15 to +10
- The “Valley of Death” A Treatise on the Upper Kingdoms - Attractiveness reduced from +15 to +10
- Crimbles Choral Society Poster - Attractiveness reduced from +15 to +10
- Inma’s International Trade Fair Billboard - Attractiveness reduced from +15 to +10
- Sarah Bartok, The Golden Voice - Attractiveness reduced from +14 to +7 and Range from +20 to +25
- Improved overall performance for extremely large save games with a huge number of buildings and residents.
- Adjusted behavior of trade menus so they don’t close automatically after a purchase is done, as requested by many in the community.
- Adjusted the right click menu so that it’s adaptable to session-specific buildings.
- Improved info tip visualization for the statistics screen’s filters.
- Improved the visuals on the expedition captain for “The Passage” expeditions.
- Improved copy mode so that quay is selectable now.
- Adjusted some words that triggered the profanity filter incorrectly.
- Made the upgrading of blueprint modules such as wheat fields and cultural modules via shortcuts more consistent.
- Improved the city decoration category in the construction menu for alternative sorting.
- Adjusted the way fields for text react when hitting ENTER key after entering some text.
- Improved text in info tips where values could be very high, such as influence or population in the top bar menu.
- Improved the way railways interact with streets in the New World.
- Improved automatic rotation for the residence buildings of engineers and artisans so that they connect better with each other when placing them.
- Improved the behavior of keyboard input for values when setting minimum stock.
- Improved icon for the engineer displayed in the top bar menu.
- Improved the usability of the “ESC” button when interacting with items such as “Father’s Diary” in the campaign mode.
- Improved usability of “jump to” buttons and texts in the statistics screen.
- Improved the animation for upgrading a building from a blueprint.
- Improved the visibility of ships in Trade Routes scrolling menus when the player owns many ships.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash while assigning ships to the zoological expedition while using DirectX12.
- Fixed a stability issue when attempting to open expedition screens.
- Fixed a stability issue which could occur upon closing the game on Windows 7 and 8.1 operating systems.
- Fixed an issue with multi-copy for module blueprints. Previously, some farms with modules could be copied with only the modules, while “forgetting” the main farm.
- Several random crashes and desyncs have been fixed.
- Improved relocation of the harbor building when attempting to move it to the other side of the island.
- Previously it could happen that some areas would incorrectly appear to be blocked.
- Fixed an issue where the treaties menu could appear empty if the player was in an alliance from the beginning of the game in multiplayer mode.
- Fixed an issue where repeated clicks on residences could disable the “Esc” shortcut.
- Fixed an issue with newspaper happiness effects not being properly applied.
- Fixed an issue with some monument progress being reset after a save and reload in the middle of construction.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the copying of railway tracks under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with ships escorting other ships on trade routes without being ordered to do so. I am going to have to ask you to calm down, escort ship!
- Fixed a situation where goods could be incorrectly reserved in case an expedition ship would have been destroyed while loading goods and before leaving for an expedition. Please note that this fix will not apply to save games where this issue already exists, though you should be able to reset the activations by starting and preparing another expedition at the affected harbor.
- Fixed an issue in the “Botanica” DLC where Botanical Gardens do not receive maintenance reduction influence bonus.
- Solved an issue where the Taiga set bonus would incorrectly reduce the consumption of Goulash.
- Fixed an issue where feedback ships (such as the workforce transfer ones) could get stuck in rare occasions.
- Fixed a performance issue where opening a save game menu with a lot of save games could get the menu stuck for a few seconds.
- Fixed a rare occurrence where too many riots would trigger too many NPCs simultaneously.
- Fixed a rare issue with trade routes where a route could break due to an improperly removed connection.
- Fixed a rare occurrence where a ship tried to continue loading goods after the trading post on the target island was destroyed. Sorry ship, they are all gone!
- Improved behavior for firefighters so that they don’t extinguish fires out of the range of their fire station.
Graphics and User Interface
- Fixed an issue with additional construction options not displayed correctly in the shipyard object menu. Away with you, “wharf bug”!
- Various UI fixes for the trading system in expeditions. Feedback should be smoother and info tips should have better visibility now.
- Adjusted some edge cases where the “Join Game” invitation in multiplayer could incorrectly block some slots.
- Fixed the visualization of cargo slots for ships with more than 3 slots in Expedition screens and trade menus.
- Adjusted the way construction menu pins work for buildings and ships after reloading a multiplayer save file.
- Fixed the display of the voice chat panel in multiplayer which could overlap object menus when playing with more than six players.
- Fixed an issue with vanishing propaganda articles in the newspaper menu in co-op mode.
- Improved UI visualization for the time of day menu.
- Improved visibility of steam ships at night.
- Fixed an anti-aliasing issue in the statistics screen for the production line graphs.
- Fixed missing resource bar indicator in Oil Tanker’s object menu.
- Fixed a graphical issue with mine ruins.
- Fixed minor UI issue with the missing “back” button in the profile creation screens.
- Improved visibility of third-party icons.
- Improved text visibility of low-resolution displays like 4:3 screens.
- Improved open and close animations for the quest book.
- Changed the icon in New World’s construction menu to properly show the paved street in the Obrero section.
- Fixed an issue with disappearing info layers after reloading a game.
- Fixed an edge case where the character would not show up when opening the competitor selection menu in the Multiplayer Lobby.
- Fixed placement of the icon displayed next to the mouse cursor when dragging items and resources.
- Fixed an issue with the flyout displaying incorrect costs when upgrading a Malthouse from blueprint.
- Fixed an issue in co-op with “Jump to Player” buttons being visible after loading a save game alone.
- Fixed an issue where switching pages in the Portrait/Color window of the multiplayer lobby using the top buttons doesn’t update the arrows accordingly.
- Fixed visual issue which could occur on uncommon resolutions with object menus.
- Fixed visual issue for banners that display influence achievements for new newspaper propaganda effects.
- Improved quality of UI elements in the DLC selection screens in the profile creation flow.
- Solved an issue where ships such as Battlecruisers which have 4 item slots break the UI when opening a trade menu with second or third parties.
- Solved a graphical issue where paved road crossing sections would not match in color.
- Fixed a postcard mode issue where the camera could be moved out of the playable area in rare circumstances.
- Improved the visibility of item slots in the trade menu for ships such as the Clipper which have only one item slot.
- Fixed a minor graphical issue present in the Steam Shipyard building.
- Removed the carts from ruined mine buildings.
- Adjusted the placement of feedback units for certain buildings like the Church to remove clipping issues.
- Fixed a minor UI issue present in the shares overview menu.
- Improved the UI behavior for closing a hostile takeover screen.
- Improved the header of the Airship Hangar menu in “The Passage”.
- Added the info tips for the Save/Load buttons in the difficulty levels menus during the game creation flow.
- Adjusted the positioning of the info tip displayed for “Workforce assignment” in object menus such as shipyards.
- Adjusted the info tip text for the unlock conditions of the Paved Street in the New World.
- Fixed a graphical issue with feedback units still doing their duty on destroyed harbor guns.
- Improved the visuals displayed in the marketplace when only one tier type is present.
- Improved the visibility of the airship from a distance.
- Fixed minor graphical issue present on Archibald Blake’s island.
- Improved button states for the toggle buttons present in the statistics screens.
- Adjusted altitude for the airship when passing through tall buildings such as Madame Kahina’s Harbor.
- Adjusted the info tip to display correct information in the Oil Harbor when not all trains are unlocked yet.
- Adjusted filter highlights when switching between UI elements in the Warehouse and Harbor.
- Fixed the Anarchist DLC quest “Collectivists” in multiplayer mode.
- Fixed a situation in the “Sunken Treasures” DLC where “The Great Exhibition” quest could be triggered twice.
- Fixed background display in the quest book for the quests “The fellowship”, “A novel proposal of Captain Nobody’s” and “The Nameless Author”.
- Fixed an issue with “Beyond the Horizon 2 – A different Point of view” which could have triggered without meeting Isabel Sarmento.
- Adjusted text for “Wonders of the Arctic” quest from the “The Passage” DLC.
- Fixed a situation in the “Sunken Treasures” DLC where Vasco’s ships would not move to the quest location in the “Sound of the Sea” quest
- Fixed the position for the demolitions expert in campaign mode to prevent him from spawning in water.
Localization and Texts
- Adjusted text for “Special visits” in Public Mooring.
- Fixed text display issues on info tips for some items such as the “Heated Jacket”, info tips of the construction menu and influence top bar info tips in several languages.
- Adjusted info tips in the quest book.
- Fixed loading tips which were too long for some localizations.
- Fixed text for several expeditions in the Spanish and Polish localizations.
- Fixed localization issues for some cut-off text in the influence menu.
- Fixed text issue in “Aarhant Proposes A Battle Plan” campaign quest description in the quest book.
- Adjusted text for the “Frogman” article in the newspaper.
- Fixed a text issue present in the exhibit object menu of cultural buildings when an item is equipped.
- Fixed a text issue present in the info tip in the diplomacy screen.
January 23, 2020 - Game Update 6.2
Source: Anno Union
- Improved the visualization of the graphs in the statistics menu.
- Improved the chance of obtaining the “Relics of the expedition” item, by adding it to the Inuit trader. This will allow you to complete the Icebound set if you missed the item during the expedition to the arctic.
- Fixed an issue where destroying enemy harbor defense buildings granted temporary influence points.
- Fixed an issue where players without “The Sunken Treasure” DLC were not able to transmute arctic scrap to items.
- Fixed an issue where influence points where not correctly calculated on loading a save while ships were constructed in the shipyard.
- Fixed an issue where some treasure maps for the arctic would not show an island. Happy arctic treasure hunting!
- Fixed a crash that could occur after the benchmark has finished.
- Fixed a random crash that could occur when the AI upgrades a warehouse.
- Fixed a random crash that could occur under specific conditions in first-person mode when looking at a feedback unit.
- Fixed a random crash that could occur with feedback units.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after leaving the prologue session in the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where the infotip for the influence costs of all owned airships was displaying a wrong value.
- Fixed an issue with the voice chat UI in multiplayer when more than six players where using the same channel.
- Fixed an issue with the voice chat UI in the loading screen for a multiplayer match with 16 players.
- Fixed an issue with the voice chat UI in multiplayer for Russian and Spanish text language.
- Fixed an issue with the voice chat UI in multiplayer where the button to collapse and expand the UI was not clearly visible.
- Fixed an issue where the gas provided by Old Nate could not be spawned if the space behind the Trading Post was occupied with a building.
- Fixed an issue where the “A Sudden Spike” quest was triggered before the player has built the airship hangar.
- Fixed an issue where the warning notification for missing resources for heaters did not mention the correct resource.
- Fixed an issue where the fluff texts for the abandoned camps were not displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the location clue text for the quest “Unwanted Espionage” was not fitting the quest.
December 17, 2019 - Game Update 6.1
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur at game start.
- Fixed an issue that could cause performance drops when a lot of ships were simultaneously switching sessions, which would have especially affected larger save games.
- Fixed an issue with the fog of war returning to islands after loading a save game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause performance issues in co-op games specifically.
- Fixed a visual issue with fire effects not being correctly aligned on the affected ships.
December 10, 2019 - Game Update 6
Source: Anno Union
- Game Update 6 adds support for our third and final Season Pass DLC, “The Passage”, for all Season Pass owners. “The Passage” will also be available as a stand-alone purchase from December 10 onwards.
- Game Update 6 also adds support for the “Holiday Pack”, a new DLC including 23 festive themed ornaments you can use to build your very own Christmas market in your cities. Please note that this is a new standalone DLC that is not part of the Anno 1800 Season Pass, or any of the game’s different editions.
- Co-op is here! In this new multiplayer mode, up to four players can team up to create the industrial empire of their dreams together, while competing against up to three other teams (for a total of 16 players/ four teams of up to four players).
- Would you like some statistics with that? Our new in-depth statistics feature gives you unprecedented insights into the workings of your empire, with dedicated tabs for productivity and consumption, current stock of all your goods, population growth and finances. We have decided to implement this functionality as part of the main game interface to make sure that it is available at any time. To access it, you can click on the finance and population buttons on the top menu bar; access the menu from any production building in the game, or via the CTRL+Q/ W/ E/ R shortcuts.
- It’s benchmark time! We have added new benchmark functionality to test how well your PC performs running Anno 1800. You can start the benchmark via drop down from the “Play” button in Uplay, with separate benchmarking for Direct X 11 and 12 available. You can find your benchmark results inside your documents folder ‘Documents\Anno 1800\benchmarks’.
- Happy Holidays: We have added a new festive billboard ornament to the game, allowing you to bring the spirit of the season to your cities.
- Manage your notifications. As we add more and more sessions to the game, we know that the number of notifications players receive can become overwhelming. To counter this, we have added several new filters to the game, which can be turned on/ off from the “Game” tab in the options menu. In addition, you will only be shown notifications about the arrival of a new specialist if you are in the same game session. Missed notifications will be shown to you the next time you travel to the respective session.
- Added multi-copy tool: You can now copy a farm including all its farm fields/modules by holding Shift while copying it. You can now also drag and drop the copy tool on the buildings you want to select when copying.
- More control over your DLCs: You can select to turn every gameplay-relevant DLC you own on or off during game setup, both for single- and multiplayer games. Please note that once the game has started, these settings cannot be reverted.
- Reworked the multiplayer lobby in support of the new co-op mode, and the DLC selection functionality.
- Faster session switching: We have added new shortcuts on the numpad to allow for seamless session switching. The num 1, num 2, num 3 and num 4 keys are used by default. As always, you can rebind them from the options menu.
- Reduced the frequency of AI interrupting in case of declined settlement requests. The AI used to ask the player if they could settle per session, and these had separate cooldown in case the request is declined. This has now been changed to a global cooldown, meaning the AI asks a lot less frequently.
- The duration of the “Ceasefire” diplomatic state has been increased from one to two hours to make diplomacy more meaningful. Accepting or declining ceasefire proposals will now also have a higher impact on reputation.
- The duration of the “Non-Aggression Pact” diplomatic state has been increased from three to five hours, for the same reason.
- Diplomacy memory messages ( e.g. “we should drink tea more often” – 2 reputation etc.) are now happening less frequently to reduce the number of notifications.
- The general probability of explosion incidents was reduced by 20% across the board.
- Changed the sorting of goods in warehouses to display regional goods for the session first.
- Improved the display of required population to unlock new Monument construction phases.
- Improved text display when losing a ship during an expedition.
- Removed the confirmation message when sending a ship to another session.
- Improved game stability during expedition events.
- Improved handling of fleet transfers between sessions. Prior to this fix, ships that traveled in a fleet would split up to travel to various harbors upon arrival in their destination session. Please note that individual ships travelling by themselves will still move to a random friendly harbor when arriving in any session besides the Old World (where they will always default to the first harbor built in the session).
- Improved detection of Warehouse connections for the construction AI. Previously observed issues could be triggered by the AI destroying bridges around their cities.
- Improved quality of audio when a ship would be destroyed. The volume is now better balanced, and the sound of a higher quality.
- Improved display of sails for a damaged Imperial Command Ship model.
- Improved audio for various buildings such as the Limestone Quarry. Previously the excavator element of the building was inaudible to the player.
- Improved the display of upgrade costs on blueprint buildings. Previously it was possible to see maintenance costs instead of the actual costs to place the building, which was unintended behavior.
- Improved audio for the Fountain Plaza and Fountain Square ornaments.
- Improved handling of defeated Pirates. Previously the pirates could get stuck in front of their harbor when returning after being previously defeated.
- Improved the display of various menu objects on 21:9 ultra-wide screens.
- Fixed an issue with the Expedition screen when a fully loaded ship needed to accept a reward.
- Fixed an issue with quest objects sometimes being invisible on “low” graphic settings.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur when loading a save game.
- Fixed several crashed that could randomly occur when starting a new map session.
- Fixed an issue with AI sending fleets of warships into sessions without giving them a concrete task, which could result in the ships idling near the session border.
- Fixed an issue with the sound for the Clipper ships being much louder than expected.
- Fixed an issue where the newspaper effect ‘Productivity’ of the ‘Propaganda – Anarchy’ article was not applied to factories that were built after the newspaper was published.
- Fixed a separate issue with the newspaper effect of the “Propaganda Anarchy” article only being applied in the currently active session.
- Fixed two remaining issues that could result in indestructible “ghost ships” as seen in previous patches.
- Fixed an issue with ships up for sale leaving the harbour.
- Fixed rioting mobs that would rarely burn down buildings. This was unintended and now they should react properly when multiple rioters appear.
- Fixed situations where special editions of the newspaper would have missing or low volume audio from the Editor.
- Fixed a visual issue with AI production buildings. Previously, the production buildings could appear inactive as in the background the storage was full.
- Fixed graphical issue with the military comparison statistic bars in the Diplomacy menu.
- Fixed the display of the top menu bar. Previously, players could quickly shuffle between islands which could result in the top menu bar not updating properly.
- Health bars of ships should no longer be visible through the fog of war.
- Fixed various HTML text issues that showed up in several areas of the game.
- Fixed the display of infotips in the Musical Pavilion submenus. Infotips should no longer incorrectly cover other menu parts.
- Fixed an UI issue in the ship object menu when ships would transfer between sessions. Previously a small placeholder icon would appear when a ship was in the state of session transfer.
- Fixed many, many player reported translations issues across all of our supported languages. Thank you so much for your help spotting these!
- Fixed a visual issue with damaged ships under fog of war. Previously some parts of the ship were not fogged correctly.
- Fixed a small visual issue with the shadows of lighthouses.
- Fixed the display of cannon fire during nighttime.
- Fixed a small visual issue with trees cut by the woodcutter.
- Fixed the display of the treaties menu if the player is in an alliance with another party from the beginning of the game. Previously, this could have resulted in the menu appearing empty.
- Fixed a visual issue for the “Sculpted Bear” ornament in the Botanical Garden. Previously the ground plate didn’t fit with the rest of the placeable modules and ornaments.
- Fixed a text issue that could appear when selecting a Hospital during an active incident. This could have rarely resulted in unwanted behavior such as missing strings or missing icons in the incident building object menu.
- Fixed the object menu display for Warehouse ruins. Previously the menu would appear incorrectly elongated while in a ruined state.
- Fixed display of infotips in the Visitor’s Harbor. Previously some infotips would display values with too many decimals.
- Fixed a text issue with infotips of goods displayed in the ship object menu for “Hiring fee” and “Purchase price”. Previously this would appear inconsistently in item infotips when checking in warehouses or ship inventories.
- Fixed the text on infotips of building pins displayed on top of the construction menu. Previously very little information was displayed in the infotip of an empty slot pin.
- The “Water Dispenser” item is now usable in the Trade Union building instead of the Town Hall.
- Fixed several items that could unintentionally affect the power plant.
- Improved handling of items applicable to shipyards that could interrupt ship construction when applied. The previous issue would occur when any shipyard-type effect would be applied if a ship was already in progress.
- Fixed the effect for “Former Pyrphorian Whizz”. The redundant attractiveness modifier effect has been replaced with a decreased incident chance and decreased maintenance costs.
- Fixed “The Promise Trust” quest line of Margaret’s Hunt quest chain.
- Fixed handling of interactions in Sunken Treasures when reaching specific diving spots during the “Big Blue” mission. This might have caused Vasco to not react when approaching the diving spot.
- Fixed animals spawning under the terrain in “Hibernation” voluntary quest from Bente Jorgensen.
- We fixed the preconditions of some quests. You could previously receive quests to deliver a specific good that you could not yet produce.
- Fixed islands being renamed when gaining ownership of them as part of a quest chain.
October 17, 2019 - Game Update 5.3
Source: Anno Union
- New Halloween billboard ornament
- We have adjusted Hugo Mercier’s Anarchist main story quests, to make them less random and more dependable for players. Here is all you need to know about how these quests will work, going forward:
- To start or continue the main quest line, you need to be at peace with Hugo Mercier
- You need to have 60 reputation point with him to do so
- You need to have at least one Artisan in any of your cities
- After you finish one of his quests, there is a 30 minute cooldown before the next quest will appear
- If you cancel or fail one of Dr. Mercier’s quests, you will have to wait for 9 hours of game time before you will receive it again (this is a standard timer used to prevent players from getting swamped with optional quests).
- Important: You can only have one active quest from Dr. Hugo Mercier at a time, so you will not receive any main story quests while you still have one of his other quests active, or are being offered another quest by him. You can solve or decline them to make space for a new main story quest.
- We have fixed several issues that can lead to trains being stuck in the oil harbor.
- Fixed an issue that prevented oil tankers from being manually loaded/ unloaded at oil harbors.
- Fixed a separate issue that could prevent oil tankers on trade routes from loading/ unloading properly.
- Fixed an issue with entries in the ship list constantly switching places or flickering.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate, unnamed ships being stuck on the world map.
- Fixed an issue with ships drifting away from their position by themselves.
- Fixed an issue with ships on trade routes being stuck on a map border.
- Fixed an issue with players being able to see the object menu of a chartered ship.
- Fixed an issue with selecting ships for an expedition in the preparations menu.
- Ships returning from expeditions will now correctly return to their homeport from which they started their expedition.
- Fixed an issue that could change your influence points balance after saving and loading a save game.
- Fixed an issue with AI characters having large fleets of duplicate ships.
- Fixed an issue with quest objects spawning at sea.
- Fixed an issue with quest giving ships not despawning, and subsequently crowding an NPC’s harbor area. Unfortunately, this issue will not remove already spawned ships retroactively. Workaround: Ignoring one of the NPC’s quest chains (quests that have “Part 1, 2, etc.” in their name) will remove all redundant ships.
- Fixed an issue in campaign mode, where some of the queen’s ships could become controllable by the player, which could block campaign progress.
- The Shift+V command to change appearance now works properly for depots.
- Fixed an issue with quest hint bubbles not being correctly removed, and pointing to invalid positions.
- Provided a fallback solution for the Sunken Treasures expedition to unlock Cape Trelawney not triggering properly. This will now unlock the new sessions without having to complete the expedition beforehand.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate ships being incorrectly applied to AI trade routes.
- Fixed an issue with the campaign quest “Sovereign Aid”, which could lead to a blocker if the player failed the quest.
September 19, 2019 - Game Update 5.2
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed an issue where ships got duplicated after save game reload. As part of this fix, all duplicate “ghost ships” will turn into actual ships under the control of the player, which will prevent the player from losing any good loaded onto the ships. Due to these additional ships being given to the player, it is possible that you will experience a loss of influence points, which can be regained by destroying the additional ships after unloading them.
- The Ubisoft Club rewards for the Botanica DLC (the “Duck Pond” and the “Outdoor Arcade”) are now redeemable from the Ubisoft Club Rewards section in Uplay.
- Fixed an issue where idle ships can be seen off the map when reloading an older save game.
- These ships should now be recoverable.
- Fixed an issue where AI ships could get stuck at the border of the map.
- Fixed a situation where, upon save game reload, trains could be stuck in the Oil Refinery or in the power plant, which could lead to less oil being transported than intended.
- Fixed a desync error that occurred upon trigger of a participant’s message.
- Fixed a desync that occurred due to quests that triggered ships with invalid items.
- Botanica ornaments can now be placed freely in your cities from the construction menu (Artisan / Obrero / Culture tabs).
- Items such as flowerbeds can now also be activated via the item section of any Warehouse, not only from your Harbor.
- Adjusted the tool tip and effect for the “Rabies Vaccine” item. We made various text adjustments.
September 13, 2019 - Game Update 5.1
Source: Anno Union
- Increased reward chance of musical scores.
- Increased botanical expedition events chance.
- Fixed a stability issue where the title could crash while converting scrap at Old Nate’s Island Harbour.
- Fixed a situation where the Twitch Drops would not be in game anymore after the Botanica-Update.
- Fixed a situation where players were unable to manually load/unload at the pier.
- Fixed an issue where items or materials would get lost when diving with a full Salvager ship.
- Fixed a visualization issue where the tool tip for railway construction would not update properly upon placement.
- Fixed an unintended spawning issue where quest givers could show up on sea areas.
- Fixed an issue where trading items would no longer have differences between buying and selling costs.
- Fixed an issue where an user would be unable to delete multiple pavement tiles at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where prohibiting consumption of wares didn’t affect resident happiness anymore.
September 10, 2019 - Game Update 5
Source: Anno Union
- Added support for the new Botanica DLC (available as part of the Anno 1800 Season Pass or as a standalone purchase), which allows you to turn your city green with a new modular botanical garden.
- Let there be night! We have added a new dynamic day & night cycle to make sure your city looks stunning at any time of day! In addition to the cycle, you can at any time select one of four lighting presets (dawn, day, dusk or night).
Added new plaza tiles and reworked four existing ornaments to serve as connectors for your cultural buildings, allowing you to create much more lifelike and varied museums and zoos.
- “I got your back”. Giving an order to escort a ship that has been ordered to switch sessions will now have the escort ships follow their charges to the new session, making your trade ships much less vulnerable.
- The AI ceasefire has ended, and third-party characters can now attack pirates. Look out Anne Harlow, Archibald’s cannon towers are no longer just for decoration!
- We have added some botanical themed expedition events to the pool of available events you might encounter on your adventures.
- The size of UI text can now be increased up to a font size of 28.
- Battlecruiser: Raised the price from 90k to 800k
- Monitor: Raised the price from 40k to 350k
- Cargo Ship: Raised the price from 30k to 300k.
- Oil Tanker: Raised the price from 60k to 300k
- Pyrphorian Battlecruiser will now cost 1.2M credits, as compared to the 800k for the regular Battlecruiser.
- Pyrphorian Monitor: Increased the hit points from 3,000 to 5,000
- Pyrphorian Battlecrusier: Raised the hit points from 5,000 to 8,000 and lowered the attack cooldown from 3.4 seconds to 2.9 seconds.
- Pyrphorian Command Ship: Increased the hit points from 3,500 to 6,000.
- Royal Ship-of-the-Line: Increased hitpoints from 4,500 to 5,000.
- Pirate Ship-of-the-Line: Lowered attack cooldown from 8 seconds to 7.5 seconds.
- Fixed an issue that allowed two pirates to show up in the South American session. This fix is not retroactive, and only prevents this issue from appearing in new saves.
- Improved the behavior of double-click ship selection.
- Adjusted the coloring of some ornamental floor tiles, which were darker than others.
- The “Space” bar can now be rebound to other actions from the options menu.
- Improved the behavior of repair cranes to ensure that they fully repair one ship before staring work on another.
- Fixed an issue with the consumption tax from a newspaper boost not properly increasing the balance.
- Fixed an issue where AI ships could be stuck on certain coastlines.
- Fixed a potential performance issue that could appear when the productivity of caoutchouc plantations was boosted with items.
- Ensured that the diplomatic victory condition is greyed out/ unavailable in the multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed an issue with expedition screens sometimes not showing the success percentage.
- Fixed an issue where two items would appear as flotsam besides the La Isla Harbor after the discovery expedition ended in campaign mode.
- You can no longer drag the chat box out of the screen in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue with the storage limit not working properly while in campaign mode.
- Fixed an issue with building bridges by connecting two existing roads on a riverbank.
- Improved the visibility of the button to switch pages in the cultural buildings menu.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the deletion of save files from the save file management menu.
- Fixed an issue with destroyed ships being wrongly displayed in the route menu if they were sunk during the creation of a new trade route.
- Removed a visual glitch that could occur when hovering over a selected residential building with the demolition tool.
- Changing appearance via Shift+V should no work properly in move mode.
- Fixed an issue with an empty icon sometimes appearing in the exchange ship menu during expedition setup.
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to receive scrap-elated quests without owning a diving bell ship.
- Fixed an issue with audio being played twice when using the replay audio button in the ques book.
- The quest objective for the “Open Book 2” quest from George Smith now displays properly.
- Improved the behavior of photo quests to make sure that the quest objective is actually in the frame of the picture. No more cheating!
- Fixed a typo in the German text for the “Die Amazonen” expedition event.
- Fixed an issue with some debug text showing up in the Japanese localization.
August 6, 2019 - Game Update 4.2
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed an issue where some piers and trading posts were not correctly registered by trading ships. Ships will now check all available options to unload their cargo when stopping at an island.
- All participants of a multiplayer match with the Sunken Treasures content will now receive the discovery expedition when loading a savegame in which the unlock conditions are fulfilled. Previously, it could happen that only the host of a match received the discovery quests when loading a multiplayer match with an existing savegame.
- Fixed a minor issue where the Sunken Treasures discovery expedition would still get triggered even after the player declined to start it.
- Removed a blocker in the Sunken Treasures “Build Harbor” Quest that occurred when the player built and upgraded the harbor directly before solving the first quest given by the queen.
- Fixed a bug that deleted all blueprints in the session when destroying a trading post on a player-controlled island.
- Fixed an issue where scrap was selling was sometimes for an unintended high amount of money.
July 31, 2019 - Game Update 4.1
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed a situation where a blueprint of a building that costs influence would break the influence count of player’s save file upon reload.
- Fixed an unintended behaviour where an Enemy AI’s Trading Post could drop upon destruction a lot of scrap resource which could’ve been sold for huge amount of money.
- Fixed a graphical issue that occurs with the maximum zoom level which affected the visibility of buildings in the distance.
July 30, 2019 - Game Update 4
Source: Anno Union
Game Update 4 adds support for Anno 1800’s first DLC pack, Sunken Treasures.
- You can now zoom the camera significantly further out, giving you a better overview of your majestic islands (which you can activate in the Gameplay options menu).
- Improved and optimized game performance, leading to smoother gameplay across most graphics settings. As part of this, users will now also note an improved viewing range.
- A new, improved minimum stock system has been added to the Trading Post. Old settings from all previously existing trade routes have been removed.
- Reworked and rebalanced expedition rewards to make them feel more rewarding across all difficulty levels. New expedition reward tiers per difficulty are now:
- Easy => only uncommon or rare rewards.
- Medium => only rare or epic rewards.
- Hard => only epic or legendary rewards.
- Improved the usability of the trade routes menu, adding a text filter and a toggle for other ships displayed in the trade route menu strategy map. You can also select these ships to add them to your trade routes from the strategy map. Hovering over a trade route entry will now immediately show the trade route on the map. Finally, trade routes are now sorted alphabetically to make them easier to keep track of.
- Reduced the notifications spam for low threat incidents. Incidents such as small fires which are no major threat will no longer trigger a notification.
- Loading and unloading oil onto trains is now twice as fast as before.
- Incoming trade ships will now make full use of all piers on an island, trying to avoid lengthy traffic jams in front of one harbor while others remain unused.
- Architectural exhibitions in the World's Fair will now reward you with more than three ornaments at a time.
- Previously defeated pirates will now bring a small fleet instead of a single ship upon their return to the game. It now takes them 30 minutes to rebuild.
- Multiplayer chat has been completely reworked.
- Rebalanced the quality of rewards granted by resident quests.
- Generally improved the generation of rewards for a variety of activities (quests, drops etc.). This can lead to some items appearing less often, while some previously rare items will now appear more frequently.
- Rebalanced the moral value for difficulty level three expeditions. The morale bar should now fill up faster.
- Fixed an issue with missing objectives for “Open Book 2” voluntary quest provided by George Smith.
- Fixed a missing icon in quest tracker/book for Princess Qing’s voluntary quest “Shadow Puppets: Part 3”.
- Fixed the “jump to location” button for Princess Qing’s voluntary quest “Shadow Puppets: Part 3”.
- Fixed the “Hostage Rescue” campaign quest where buyable frigates would fight Pyrphorian ships.
- Fixed the specialist items “Actor” and “Sarah Bartok” which previously had an invalid effect for the Theater building.
- Fixed the “Poster of the Leader” item not having any effects (it now provides additional workforce and a bit extra happiness, but reduces taxes).
- The “Footman” specialist item now provides more taxes.
- Fixed items increasing the maximum residents being inactive after loading a save file. The item effects are now also calculated slightly different from before. Affected items are “The Withdrawal Amendment”, “Contraception Regulation”, “Papal Paper of Prenatal Preservation”, “Jakob Sokow, The Charitable Banker”, “Louis P. Hecate, Arm-Puncturing Pioneer”, “Chief George Doughty, Smouldering Hero”, “Saint D’ Artois, Vision of the Valley”.
- Fixed an issue where a player could not be re-invited to a saved multiplayer match if they were not on the Uplay friend list of the player loading the save file.
- Fixed the cancel invitation button having no icon in the “Invited Friend” section of the multiplayer lobby.
- Added an error message for the client if the host leaves the multiplayer lobby.
User Interface (UI)
- Fixed an issue with the electricity icon being shown in the World Fair’s Foundation menu before electricity is needed.
- Fixed text input in the trade route menu being reset if the player did not press the ENTER key.
- Fixed “session transfer” or “expedition assigned” text overlapping the cargo slots in ship menus.
- Fixed truncated text in ship menus when transferring to another region.
- Fixed debug text being shown in trade menu tooltips if the camera was moved to another island in the background.
- Fixed an UI issue in the charter route setup that occurred when dragging the amount slider out of the box, which could accidentally close the goods selection window.
- Steam ships and sailing ships now have different icons to make them more distinguishable in the trade route menu.
- The edit screen of the newspaper now shows the currently available influence (previously the publish button would just be greyed out when the cost exceeded the available influence).
- Fixed an issue with overlapping icons in the marketplace menu when only artisans, engineers and investors were present on an island.
- Fixed the working conditions menu sometimes not remembering values if the player would change the productivity by typing in the text field instead of using the slider.
- Fixed the construction menu not remembering the category sorting when loading a save file.
- Fixed an issue with flickering dirt roads while zooming the camera.
- Fixed firework effect persisting after loading a save file
- Fixed a typo in the German localization of “Die Amazonen” expedition screens.
- Fixed a German localization issue with Margaret Hunt’s reaction to one of their buildings being destroyed.
- Fixed a typo in the English localization of the “Iron Dragon” expedition event.
- Fixed English text shown in the German localization of the ship object menu if the player would send a ship to another session.
- Oil ships should now approach the correct coast when multiple oil ships are assigned to a trade route.
- Improved visualization of ships traveling between sessions on the world map.
- Fixed ships moving at their individual fastest speed even if the “grouped” option was selected.
- Fixed an issue with defeated pirate ships still being shown on the mini map.
- Improved display of highlighted buildings when using the demolish tool.
- Added three new filters for notifications when ships set on a trade route encounter a problem.
- Fixed buffs granted by animals in the Zoo staying active even after the main building of the Zoo was demolished.
- Fixed an issue in the newspaper after a war declaration where the player’s name was shown instead of the name of the AI declaring war.
- Fixed several misleading tooltips in the World Fair menu.
- Fixed visitor pathfinding around the Bank building.
- Fixed the “Load Game” entry in the main menu being visible without a save file being present.
- Fixed an issue where the last playable game profile could not be deleted without restarting the game.
July 8, 2019 - Game Update 3.2
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed an issue that prevented the campaign quest “Prosperity for all” from being completed due to a timing issue with the quest. This fix applies retroactively to affected saves.
- Fixed a potential issue with hostile ship spawns during the campaign quest “One Hand washes the other”.
- Fixed a potential showstopping issue after completion of the campaign quest “Release and ease”.
- Fixed a potential stability issue that could appear when finishing a campaign-specific expedition and switching sessions immediately after. This could happen at the end of campaign chapter 2.
- Fixed an issue with custom games that could results in pirates and other third-party AI spawning twice within a session.
- Fixed an issue with construction AI, where an AI opponent may end up constructing the same building all over his island. This fix will unfortunately not apply to existing save games. Calm down Willie, you don’t need those 20 sawmills.
- Fixed a potential stability issue that could occur when trading with AI characters.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer that could lead to players becoming stuck in a desync loop under certain conditions.
- Fixed a potential issue with building interfaces that could occur when clicking on an electricity-powered, and then an unpowered building in quick succession.
- Fixed a text issue with the quest tracker during the “Eli the incorruptible” quest.
- Fixed a stability issue that could occur under specific circumstances when trading. This would occur when adding a fifth item to a ship’s sell window (provided it has one), and subsequently first trying to sell the equipped item, before selling the other wares.
- Fixed an issue with character-specific notifications that could occur if a quest notification was triggered while another object menu for the same character was currently open.
- Fixed a randomly occurring stability issue.
- Added a version number to the main menu for easier verification of the currently installed game version.
- Changed the name of the Windows process for the game from “Anno 7” to “Anno 1800”. That is another 1793 Annos added at no additional cost!
June 7, 2019 - Game Update 3.1
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed an issue blocking players from finishing the “Prosperity for All” campaign quest on save games created prior to Game Update 3. When players now load an older save, the game will check if the prosperity quest is active but cannot be completed and will then automatically resolve the quest for the player.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash of the game client after loading an old save game with an active mission.
- Fixed a stability issue with the railway system, which could cause the game to crash in some rare instances.
- Fixed an issue that locked players from constructing buildings in their coastal area.
- Fixed an issue with charter routes missing their information in the overview screen.
June 5, 2019 - Game Update 3
Source: Anno Union
- Adds support for The Anarchist character and associated content
- Expedition event “The Great Sickness” has been added
- Reworked interface elements for the World's Fair, the Court of Justice and the Excavation Site
- New items for purchase at the harbors of Eli Bleakworth, Archibald Blake and Carl Leonard von Malching
- The “Anno Union Emblem” company logo is now available and can be claimed from the Club Rewards section on Uplay
- Improved trade routes to prevent player bankruptcy
- Power plants will now shut down if they have less than 50% of required workforce
- Ships can now spread the illness only to harbours and not to other ships
- Improved the military AI behaviour
- Improved selection when double clicking on a ship with the intention of selecting all ships of this type
- Added the oil tanker to the list of ships that Archibald Blake sells on his island
- The oil tanker can now be sold, bringing it in line with other ships
- Rebalanced the reputation gained from big trade deals via diplomacy menu
- Improved the bonus to force attribute provided by steam carriages, beef, dynamite and coffee during expedition events.
- Rebalanced the attractiveness requirements for rare visitors to arrive at your tourist harbour
- Changed the item pool of third party trader Eli Bleakworth
User interface and experience improvements
- Improved the behavior of the music when a large-scale incident occurs
- Reduced the frequency of notifications tied to dropping workforce on an island
- Reduced the frequency of notifications tied to hostile island takeovers
- Hitting the “escape” key will now close the transfer goods menu
- Added various extra information and new tips on game loading screens for users to discover
- Improved the loading times on many interface graphics
- Improved readability in the German version of the “Baptism of Fire” expedition event
- Improved some of the UI elements displayed in the newspaper archive
- Aligned the consistency and style of several interface icons
- Improved the transition between expedition menu and gameplay screens
- Improved readability and tool tips for the trade menu
- Improved the way character`s emotions are visible while in the Diplomacy menu during an audio line delivery. Animations should now be more consistent with the audio lines
- Improved the visibility of the visitor’s dialogue in the monument menu during a monument event
- Removed automatically generated profiles, which could contain unsupported special characters in their names
- Fixed stability issues in multiplayer where match setup with two or three players could lead to an infinite loading screen
- Fixed stability issues where the creation of several new games in rapid succession could lead to a crash
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if certain shortcuts were spammed while in the save game name dialogue
- Fixed an issue in campaign where premature destruction of the trading post on Prosperity could block completion of the “Prosperity for all” quest
- Fixed an issue in the campaign where upgrading some quest-critical buildings could break quests
- Fixed an issue where Refugee’s campaign quests could not be completed if ship with refugees equipped were transferred between sessions
- Fixed an issue with newspapers mistakenly displaying articles about missing goods that were actually being provided
- Fixed an issue where moving around harbor buildings during an attack could lead to military AI units being stuck
- Fixed an issue where using invalid characters in editable fields could break the associated save file
- Fixed an issue where changing the graphics settings for “Feedback Quality” would not be properly applied
- Fixed an issue with the “Party like it’s 1851” and “Annoholic” Club Challenges not properly unlocking once all requirements are met
- Fixed the achievement “Gold Digger”, which previously unlocked for the player as soon as any session participant reached 100.000 coins
- Fixed potential issues with moving around and then upgrading blueprints of harbor buildings
- Fixed an issue where the monument would sometimes show the tool tips for the previous phases
- Fixed an issue with invalid items and special visitors
- Fixed a shortcut key, which would mistakenly permit the player to place an Old World warehouse in the New World region
- Fixed an issue where the Military AI would not realize that a hostile takeover has occurred, which would lead to a never-ending state of war
- Fixed an issue with the logistic system where available storage space was sometimes not fully utilized
- Fixed an issue where during an escort ship quest the ship following the intended target would move at a lower speed than intended
- Fixed an issue with the Old Bell item that would not work on the Gold Ore Mine in the New World
- Fixed onscreen notification when user sells goods via passive trade
- Fixed a problem where Jean La Fortune from The New World session was shown in the Diplomacy Menu before The New World session has been discovered
- Fixed an issue where newspaper article tool tips would not display properly
- Fixed an issue where disabling the right-click menu in the options could be reset after restarting the game
- Fixed an issue where the wrong info layer would show on top the Charcoal Kiln if it was placed in blueprint mode
- Fixed an issue where moving a Commuter’s Pier that was not connected to a street would activate the transfer
- Fixed an issue where the Oil could not be manually transferred to the Oil tanker via Trade Menu
- Fixed an issue where item effects would not disappear if the associated building was destroyed
- Fixed the “Banker” item that would not increase the range of the Bank. To mitigate this issue, the effect has been removed and changed to target residence buildings
- Fixed an issue with pirates remaining in the game after being defeated. Sorry guys, you are out
- Fixed an issue with ships being erroneously shown on the wrong trade routes in the menu
- Fixed an issue with ships being displayed in the trade routes menu after being sold
- Fixed jumps between gameplay notifications and the Trade Route set-up menu
- Fixed an issue where the White Flag item could break the peace mode if moved between ships
- Fixed a text problem displayed in the Trade Menu as “Select station from the list” when no list existed
- Fixed various problems where ships that were part of a quest could be infected by incidents, therefore spreading the incidents to the islands next to which they were stationed
- Adjusted the profanity filter to more lenient with certain words
- Fixed various instances of text being cut off in Expedition tool tips on the world map
- Fixed an issue with city incident-related Newspaper articles not being properly applied
- Fixed an issue with mob-quest-type objects not properly interacting with bridges
- Fixed many minor text issues for increased consistency
- Fixed various problems with items that would accidentally swap the actually produced items, such as “Marcel Forcas, Celebrity Chef”
- Fixed an issue where tool tips were shown as empty boxes for empty slots in the construction menu
- Fixed readability issues with text on colored tool tip boxes
- Fixed text issues where line breaks where displayed in various expedition events
- Fixed text readability in several expedition screens
- Fixed an UI issue that could occur when using the workforce slider
- Fixed UI issues for the banner notifications displayed in the New World for upgrades of the Town Level
- Fixed UI issues for banner notifications displayed when expeditions ended
- Fixed UI issues with the downgrade button in various object menus
- Fixed UI issues with the display of “Father’s Diary” on various screen aspect ratios
- Fixed UI issues with the mini-map that could affect readability when zooming in
- Fixed various UI issues in the Multiplayer Lobby screen
- Added missing text for a few subtitle lines in German localization
- Added missing text for some notifications in the Korean localization
- Fixed some UI issues in the Notification archive section
- Fixed some text issues with quest descriptions in the Russian localization
- Fixed text issues in the French and Italian localizations where the text could overlap various UI elements in the Shares Menu
- Fixed an issue with the fast-forward in the game’s credits not working properly
- Fixed a text issue in the Japanese localization with missing attractiveness values in some menus
May 15, 2019 - Game Update 2
Source: Anno Union
- Influence gained from population increased from +10 to +15 per increase
- Influence gained from investors increased from +1 to +2 per house
- Exponential scaling for influence from population kicks in later, at 16.000 Global Population instead of 14.000
- Propaganda category: Newspaper Effectiveness boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 7%/15%/25%
- Trade category: Movement Speed boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 7%/15%/25%
- Military category: Attack Speed boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 7%/15%/25%
- Optimization category: Maintenance Cost boosted from 1%/2%/3% to 3%/6%/10%
- Culture category: Attractiveness boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 10%/20%/35%
Passive Defence ship stance
- Renamed to “Hold Position”
- Ships using this stance do not move to attack a target
- Battle Cruiser hit points increased from 5000 to 6000
- Battle Cruiser Damage per shot increased from 245 to 275
- Battle Cruiser Upkeep Cost lowered from 1000 to 850
- Monitor hit points increased from 2500 to 3000
- Monitor Upkeep Cost lowered from 600 to 300
- Cargo Ship hit points from increased from 3500 to 4000
Illness on ships
- Ship disease spread chance was 1% every 10 seconds; spread chance now is 1% every 30 seconds
- Ship disease duration was 15 minutes, and has now been lowered to 10 minutes
Madame Kahina's item pool
- Now, 20% of items offered at Madame Kahina’s harbor consist of European fertilities, with rarities (uncommon, rare and epic) depending on player progress.
- Fixed an instance where toggling the Victory Conditions could crash the game when starting a new game
- Fixed issues which could lead to crashes If the game was running under DirectX 12
- Fixed an instance which could lead to crashes during campaign gameplay
- Fixed an instance which could lead to a crash while upgrading residential buildings
- Fixed several rare instances that caused general client instability
Bugs and issues
- Fixed an issue which could prevent players from receiving further quests or character notifications
- Fixed some issues causing the railway system to stop working properly
- Fixed an issue where happiness count would instantly drop when building a commuter harbor
- Fixed an issue that prevented the achievement “What’s that smell?” from unlocking
- Fixed a rare issue where the player could get locked out of expedition events
- Fixed an issue where losing an island with Trade Unions would not refund the influence spent on those unions
- Fixed graphical issue in top-secret, nonexistent first-person mode
- Fixed the button positioning on “Desync Detected” screen
- Fixed an issue where the button of “Father’s Diary” would shift positions at some screen resolutions
- Fixed an issue where “Unmute All” text shifted position on the multiplayer chat settings window
- Fixed an issue where City Incidents buildings would interchange their object menus
- Improved the info tips for fertility items, as they were unclear on what they could be used on
- Battlecruiser attack damage was actually increased to 280 instead of the noted 275.
April 25, 2019 - Game Update 1
Source: Anno Union
- Fixed several crashes.
- Fixed several Multiplayer Desyncs.
- Fixed an issue for the Steam version, that made the games FPS drop significantly.
- Fixed a rare issue, getting no further quests, after loading a savegame that has been created while a Newspaper was displayed.
- Diplomacy: Lowered the cooldown of “Flattering” and “Gifting” from 60 mins to 30 mins.
- Diplomacy: Negotiations in the late game now cost ~70% less.
- Visitors: Visitors are now more generous (Visitor income increased by 50%).