Land of Lions is the seventh Anno 1800 DLC and was released on October 22nd, 2020. It is the third DLC of the Season 2 Pass. It adds:
- A new region set in Africa, 'Enbesa', which contains arid drylands that can be transformed into fertile lands using Water Pumps and Canals.
- Three new population tiers: Shepherds and Elders in the new Enbesa region, and Scholars as a 6th resident tier in the Old World.
- New production chains involving goods produced in the new region.
- A new main storyline quest "The Rise of Emperor Ketema"
- A set of NPC islands each with its own side story.
- A new end-game Research Institute that allows players to research and produce items and powerful 'major discovery' technologies.
- New collections for the Museum and Zoo
Venture to the Land of Lions, a roaring southern continent whose people use irrigation to help supply a whole new set of needs! Meet a local Emperor who has faith his empire can be a match for any other.
- A Budding Empire - Help Emperor Ketema bring stability to Enbesa from its new capital Taborime. Fend off threats from within and without to bring peace and prosperity to the region. Discover Enbesa's rich history, and benefit from this knowledge with new bonuses.
- Harness The Power Of Water - Construct a brand new canal system to irrigate the fields! Fulfill the needs of the shepherds and elders of Enbesa, achieve new economic heights, and watch the desert bloom!
- Construct A Monument To Knowledge - Build the new Research Institute in the Old World, and discover new technologies indistinguishable from magic. Turn soil fertile, produce goods from alternative resources, and find the exact specialist or machines you need!
- A New Class Of Thinkers - Bring scholars to the Old World from all around the world! Fulfill their cosmopolitan needs so that, alongside your engineers, they may fuel scientific progress!