The Botanical Garden is a special building from and main attraction of the Botanica DLC. It becomes unlocked upon reaching 1000 engineers and its purpose is to increase the attractiveness of an island.
While the main building itself does not provide attractiveness, the modules that attach to it give the player an opportunity to display a Plant per module, up to 100 modules. Each module costs 100 credits and 10 influence. The amount of additional attractiveness a module gives is determined by the rarity of the plant placed within it:
Notes about the Botanical Garden, its modules, and plants:
- Certain plants are parts of a set; each set of plants gives an island-wide benefit, i.e completing the Medical Garden Set gives +15 % doctor movement speed and +2 Doctor units.
- Multiples of the same plants can be placed in individual modules, as long as you have more than one count of that plant in your island's inventory, e.g Having 3 Poppy's means you can place all 3 of them in the Botanical Garden, 1 per module.
- The majority of Plants are obtainable from Madame Kahina, or also from Botanical Expeditions.
- At least one tile of the module has to be adjacent to the main building or to another module.
- There is no limit to the amount of Botanical Gardens which can be built on the same island. Items may be split in order to exploit smaller areas or take advantage of different bonuses from Sheet Music, as only one Music Pavilion can be attached to the main building. The downside of having more gardens is higher maintenance cost and total space used.