City attractiveness is a new system in Anno, which rewards building beautiful and attractive cities. After building a public mooring on your island, tourists will be able to visit your city, equal to the number of attractiveness of your island. The higher the attractiveness of your island, the more tourists will arrive and more money they will leave in your treasury.
Each island has its own attractiveness rating, which is based on six factors, three of which are positive and the other three negative.
- Culture - All ornaments, animals in the zoo, exhibits in the museum and the World's Fair draw attention of visitors
- Nature - Free space on your island, untouched forests and meadows create a great scenery
- Festivity - Festivals organised by happy population and events in the World's Fair greatly attract tourists
- Vulgarity - Ugly, unpleasant buildings such as pig farms, rendering works or fish oil factories disgust visitors
- Pollution - Heavy factories, such as furnaces, steelworks or brass smelteries pollute the air of your city
- Instability - City incidents like fires, riots and illness endanger your population and visitors
Once having built a Public Mooring, attractiveness will grant a proportional amount of income equal to island attractiveness multiplied by 3,6 (rounded down). Each tourist arriving to your islands will spend money on activities and souvenirs, which increase your income per minute. The amount of tourists visiting your island will be refreshed every "visit": every 30 minutes a ship will come to the Public Mooring and balance visitors taking them in or out in order to match the exact value of your attractiveness. Hovering your pointer on the golden ship turning around the main purple figure on the Public Mooring window will show you the time left before next visit.
Public mooring profitability
As the public mooring has a maintenance cost to it, there is certain attractiveness threshold which is required to make the public mooring profitable.
Occasionally some visitors can get so attracted by your city that they want to settle there. They might turn out to be useful specialists who can be used as items in your special buildings or ships. The highest attractiveness levels can reward you with extremely rare and powerful specialists.
The chance of a visitor arriving is based on attractiveness and any relevant items, culture sets or palace effects.
|Attractiveness||Base chance for special visitor arrival|
If a visitor arrives, their rarity is then determined based on your city's attractiveness, with less attractive islands attracting only Common and Uncommon rarity specialists. The chance for specialists to be a certain rarity is as follows for each Attractiveness level from Fair: